Discussion Tata Sky HD channel has cuts/crops some portion of picture

1080i and 1080p are just resolutions. Ur TV setting is not proper. Normally TV automatically detects the input and auto align the screen.

This is a TV settings issue. Most TVs do not by default take up 'original' display setting offered by DTH receivers. You need to manually set it from 'standard' to 'original' on your picture settings. I have a Videocon LED TV at home and it always starts in the 'standard' mode by cropping a tiny chunk on all four sides and zooming a bit. I always manually turn the setting to 'original' so that I do not lose any minute detail on the channels. And this has nothing to do with 'resolution'.

1080i and 1080p are just resolutions. Ur TV setting is not proper. Normally TV automatically detects the input and auto align the screen.
Bro it matters.... If you have Videocon d2h you can check by setting 1080i and 1080p, you will see the difference

This is a TV settings issue. Most TVs do not by default take up 'original' display setting offered by DTH receivers. You need to manually set it from 'standard' to 'original' on your picture settings. I have a Videocon LED TV at home and it always starts in the 'standard' mode by cropping a tiny chunk on all four sides and zooming a bit. I always manually turn the setting to 'original' so that I do not lose any minute detail on the channels. And this has nothing to do with 'resolution'.
Shouldn't it happen on all STBs for him then, he seems to be using same TV.

Sorry but you are wrong... If set top box doesn't reproducing complete picture then no tv will correct.
Its depends upon the set top box you used.
Its smart tv it has same setting for Videocon and tata sky. You can refer the images in the previous comments.

Sorry but you are wrong... If set top box doesn't reproducing complete picture then no tv will correct.
Its depends upon the set top box you used.
Its smart tv it has same setting for Videocon and tata sky. You can refer the images in the previous comments.
I never said the TV corrects the picture; I said TV omits the picture in some cases. I said this because I have faced this issue myself. I have used Videocon D2H on the same TV earlier and the TV automatically displayed the picture in 'original' mode. After I moved to Tata Sky, I set it to 'original' mode manually as the TV by default goes to the 'standard' mode and cuts the sides. After manually switching to 'original' mode I get the lossless, full picture.

Last edited:
I never said the TV corrects the picture; I said TV omits the picture in some cases. I said this because I have faced this issue myself. I have used Videocon D2H on the same TV earlier and the TV automatically displayed the picture in 'original' mode. After I moved to Tata Sky, I set it to 'original' mode manually as the TV by default goes to the 'standard' mode and cuts the sides. After manually switching to 'original' mode I get the lossless, full picture.
This makes sense. @ravimule Check your picture mode when you correct TS STB.

In TS it have the option, 1080 p. When default it shows 1080i. You go to user settings and change as 1080p. And set your TV picture ratio to 16:9 or original.

But bro I don't have this kind of setting. Its mi 4a tv, i can just change aspect ratio. 16:3 or 4:3

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock