Discussion Tata Sky web and app down from today 3:15 pm due to huge number of Sports channel activations

• Thread starter HitesH
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 130
  • Views: Views 13,827
Here channel activation works instantly. Takes atleast 20-40 minutes to get activated.
That's really slow. In Tata Sky it gets activated in less than 10secs. But question is do they provide 0/1 day lockin facility? And how easy is it to activate or drop? I'm guessing you have to call? Or you have some portal

That's really slow. In Tata Sky it gets activated in less than 10secs. But question is do they provide 0/1 day lockin facility? And how easy is it to activate or drop? I'm guessing you have to call? Or you have some portal
The portal of SITI is down since last 2 months. GTPL one activates instantly. it's Hathway for christ sake. I don't about lockin facility. I can add drop channels whenever I want.
Edit : SITI has deliberately blocked access to portal as they are unethically adding channels without customers consent.

Last edited:
@shreyaskini I came back from shower. Couldn't read earlier post properly before. Let's not divert topics off Tata Sky to digital cable which has been obsolete since almost a decade now. You were asking Tata Sky user to activate channels prior to when they want which I am doing on an obsolete technology. Isn't it a step back for Tata Sky users?

The portal of SITI is down since last 2 months. GTPL one activates instantly. it's Hathway for christ sake. I don't about lockin facility. I can add drop channels whenever I want.
Edit : SITI has deliberately blocked access to portal as they are unethically adding channels without customers consent.
Hathway, Den doesn't matter anymore. All are owned by the same company.
@sheryaskini I came back from shower. Couldn't read earlier post properly before. Let nots divert topics off Tata Sky to digital cable which has been obsolete since almost a decade now. You were asking Tata Sky user to activate channels prior to when they want which I am doing on an obsolete technology. Isn't it a step back for Tata Sky users?
Bro i have to say things as it is. I came from cable to dth for this reason itself and i was also aware despite not even being a long time TS user that they would have server issues yesterday. Despite that i did add/drop channels in the evening. Can i say they are flawless in every aspect? No. Who is then? You've said it yourself. There are no premium DTH/cable operators here and we have to get the one with the least of the flaws and clearly TS takes the victory here.

There are no premium DTH/cable operators here and we have to get the one with the least of the flaws and clearly TS takes the victory here.

Absolutely, and TS is the only DTH operator that migrated from old tariff regime to new tariff regime without any issues or bugs in just 7 days - just an example.

But that doesnt mean one is perfect

Last edited:
Absolutely, and TS is the only DTH operator that migrated from old tariff regime to new tariff regime without any issues or bugs in just 7 days - just an example.

But that doesnt mean one is perfect
Hathway did it first despite being on outdated technology. Do also give them credit. They weren't waiting for last moment. And Tata Sky is best because there aren't any good cable, dth operator in this country yet.

Last edited:
Hathway did it first despite being on out dated technology. Do also give them credit. They weren't waiting for last moment. And Tata Sky is best because there aren't any good cable, dth operator in this country yet.
I can't disagree here. And jio giga tv might be hopeless thanks to their infrastructure. Since Den also is owned by Jio let's see what happens. I am all for switching operators if it benefits me.

Well u r lucky to have a meal that cheap :D
Here we can't get rice for that price sir. 😭
What they distribute at Ration Depot is terrible and not fit for consumption.

I am also talking about ration shop rice and yes I along with many fellow Indians depends on this 2 rupee rice as I cannot afford high price rice

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock