Discussion Tata Sky web and app down from today 3:15 pm due to huge number of Sports channel activations

• Thread starter HitesH
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 130
  • Views: Views 13,714
I would like to see where this happens on the other sections of the Forum, TS users commenting this way on ADTV section or any other section. Users are not warning anyone here. They are simply defending their DTH and nobody is reporting about off-topic as usual! We have also allowed this to continue, because we would like to settle this issue. I reiterate, there is nothing wrong in comparing, but one must do so in an appropriate section.
Sorry to deviate from off-topic posts! ;)

I m repeatedly getting added SS1HD & SS1 Hindi HD since last night after match finished. Looks like 50-60 times i tried on web, app, chat, missed call, SMS, Twitter...all requests though failed then.... but TS being honest operator is making sure to process all my those requests as soon as (read- "as late as") they got this issue rectified.
Now from last night i m repeatedly dropping these channels to find them again automatically added n money deducted. Don't know if i have to drop as many times as i tried to add or what...
Seriously this is more pain in...
I warned of off-topic posts here!!!

This was bound to happen bcoz of India vs Pak match....that's why I already added ss1 for a month
I have my reasons for not adding. Like i m not keen on watching cricket matches. I dont have that much time either. It was that I had some guests and they were keen. As a good host I tried to arrange and then this thing happened.
Of course u did right to plan things beforehand but other people might have other priorities and their own logic for doing things that they do.

This was bound to happen bcoz of India vs Pak match....that's why I already added ss1 for a month
Bro even if they add 2-3 days before they would have barely spent 1-2Rs which isn't a big deal at all. Can a person really be that busy? This task barely takes a minute to do.

Bro even if they add 2-3 days before they would have barely spent 1-2Rs which isn't a big deal at all. Can a person really be that busy? This task barely takes a minute to do.
U answered urself.
It's not about matter of few bucks or few mnts...at least for me. I didnt plan to watch that's why.
P.S. I didnt watch IPL either. So don't know if it happens regularly or what. Now i know...

Last edited:
U answered urself.
It's not about matter of few bucks or few mnts...at least for me. I didnt plan to watch that's why.
Don't worry, its happening because you tried to add that channel many times yesterday. You can drop that channel today evening or tomorrow 🙂

U answered urself.
Alright.
Don't worry, its happening because you tried to add that channel many times yesterday. You can drop that channel today evening or tomorrow 🙂
I did have issues with the app yesterday because i wasn't getting confirmation of channels added or dropped but it was being done after a while. I added SS2 SD, SS2 HD, SS1 SD at 8:30 and dropped it at 10:30. I didn't get any confirmation but it was done. So idk if i can even blame them.

Alright.

I did have issues with the app yesterday because i wasn't getting confirmation of channels added or dropped but it was being done after a while. I added SS2 SD, SS2 HD, SS1 SD at 8:30 and dropped it at 10:30. I didn't get any confirmation but it was done. So idk if i can even blame them.
Yes, same happened to me, after confirming selection error message shows up but within a minute channel/pack successfully gets added

No i did chat with TS. They have themselves tried to remove the channel. Cleared all pending requests but this last request of dropping from their end even is still not processed. Means it is not dropping at all. Earlier it was getting re-added on own coz of multiple requests. They confirmed it's a glitch and requested me to wait till evening

These types of things can happen to any other company having large user base....I m sure Tata sky will take necessary measures so these types of things doesn't happen in future

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock