tatasky delaying channel addition

harsha reddy

Reaction score
Tatasky carrying 18 standard channels per transponder in mpeg2 technology . Now 15 sd channels moved to mpeg4 technology that means almost 1 transponder moved to mpeg4 . Using mpeg4 technology they telecast 35 sd channels in good quality from 1 transponder . But tatasky not adding any channels eventhough they can add 20 more channels in mpeg4 technology.

Because these are mpeg4 channels avilable on diffrent-2 transponders not carry any particuler tps so some little time wait then ts deffinetly added more channels atleast 80-90 SD channels

Wait for sometime I think They will Add New Channels Once they migrate all Tamil,telugu and Malyalam Channels to MPEG-4.

I Heard that in first batch they add 20 to 25 Channels one by one but it will take some time.

Yes, the question is whether all the migrated channels are on same TP or different TPs. Unless all channels on a particular TP are fully converted, they will probably not be able to configure the TP for further channel addition.

Step 1: To convert a TP into completely MPEG4 with DVB-S2 8PSK modulation, they need to move at least 20-21 channels to MPEG4 and into single TP.
Step 2: Once those number of channels got migrated, they can convert channels on other TPs into MPEG4 and move them to this converted TP until a maximum of around 35 channels.
Step 3: The remaining channels in the second TP can also be converted to MPEG4 and that TP can be completely changed to DVB-S2 8PSK modulation.

Channel addition will happen after Step 2 and will be done in phased manner based on the TP space recovered.
This can go on until all TPs are converted to DVB-S2 8PSK modulation.

So we have to wait till at least 20+ channels are moved to MPEG4 before expecting any channel addition.

Best Regards,
HariRaghavan

But are all the channels already migrated to mpeg4 on the same TP or not? If not, further realignment of channels between TPs will be required till the TP to be converted to DVB-S2 8PSK only has mpeg4 channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock