Tatasky hd STB 5.1 audio output help needed!

sacoeguy

Reaction score
hi guys i have decided to purchase tataskyhd stb. but a problem occured as samsung ledtv & AV receiver onkoyo both has only optical audio out.the retailer asked me to connect the stb to the tv via hdmi & take the audio out from my led tv which will be optical to the av receiver onkoyo.will this connection gives me 5.1 sound or only stereo when i am watching hd movies channels which provides 5.1 sound :wall.in the case of airtel its simple.the stb itself has optical out so that i can connect directly to my onkoyo av receiver:).
Help me out this guys.based on that i am going to purchase:hello

If your Onkoyo AV receiver have SPDIF audio IN ...... use it to get 5.1 audio

but retailer told another idea .tatasky hd stb has coaxial audio out.so he asked me to connect it to my onkoyo A/V receiver to get 5.1 out & video via hdmi to my tv.but he is not sure..

mystic said:

Are you sure but retailer is not sure..so why i raised this doubt in this forum.do any of your friends have such type of connection let me know.

anbukkarasanc said:
If so, you please go for Airtel HD recorder.
i too thought but in airtel base pack there is no good & standard english news channels,Discovery.please share your experience regarding airteld hd stb both P/V quality.in this forum i read in dthcomparison category that TS is best overall.

sacoeguy said:
mystic said:

Are you sure but retailer is not sure..so why i raised this doubt in this forum.do any of your friends have such type of connection let me know.

What do you think.... Why T(S is advertising 7.1 Dolby Digital audio ....
In TS+HD box ... you will get option to use either optical or co-axial digital audio out to experience Dolby Digital
In TS HD box you will get this experience by usimg co-axial digital audio out. This box does not have optical digital audio out port though.

What do you think.... Why T(S is advertising 7.1 Dolby Digital audio ....
In TS+HD box ... you will get option to use either optical or co-axial digital audio out to experience Dolby Digital
In TS HD box you will get this experience by usimg co-axial digital audio out. This box does not have optical digital audio out port though.

hey i too knew .got the answer after replies & googling .Many Thanks..:)But one more doubt will coaxial out 5.1 will be equal to optical 5.1 out?as one page they have mentioned that coaxial supports only DTS,Dolby digital.but not supports DTSHDMA. i knew that none of dth provide DTSHDMA out.i just want to feel the same audio quality as in source..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock