TataSky is about to get all 12 ku band transponders on GSAT-10

insat 4a replace by gsat 16 not gsat 14 gsat 16 aprooved by goi few months ago so i think nextyear gsat 16 satellite will be launched by isro and its carry 12 ku tps & it is located will be 83* east so that means next year insat 4a replaced by gsat 16

tatasky+ said:
insat 4a replace by gsat 16 not gsat 14 gsat 16 aprooved by goi few months ago so i think nextyear gsat 16 satellite will be launched by isro and its carry 12 ku tps & it is located will be 83* east so that means next year insat 4a replaced by gsat 16

Do you have any idea what you are saying. GSAT 16 will be located at 55 degree East.
http://www.sac.gov.in/SACSITE/GSAT-16.html
:no:no:no:no:no:no

Every body in this forum are talking about GSAT10 failure all these days because TS didn't get the transponders and TS is tight lipped on this for a long time. Now TS says that they are planning to sue ISRO for not providing their transponders. Every Indian should feel happy that the satellite is not a failure whether TS get the transponders or not. At the same time TS should come out openly about the dispute they have with ISRO. Are they afraid of retaliation by ISRO

The odd thing is if all other DTH service providers can use foreign satellites, why not Tata Sky? If ISRO cannot provide TPs from GSAT 10, they should allow Tata Sky to use foreign satellites. If ISRO has allowed other DTH to use foreign sats, wonder what is the issue for TS? Is it ISRO who are not allowing the use of foreign sat or is Tata Sky not willing to go to a foreign party? :skd

dipayan said:
Did you know main payload GAGAN of GSAT 10 has already been used by air traffic control to control routes of civilian flights over south Asian region. All ground stations(based on main airports) are already been connected to GAGAN navigation system. Don't argue if you don't know anything. Transponder allocation is being delayed because of legal procedure not because of failure of GSAT 10.

do u have any proof what u saying ts is not using but what about testing any c band channel and uplink downlink from this satellite nothing and isro also not telling ppl of INDIA any thing about because its failed

dreambox.pk said:
do u have any proof what u saying ts is not using but what about testing any c band channel and uplink downlink from this satellite nothing and isro also not telling ppl of INDIA any thing about because its failed

Just search GAGAN in internet you will get your answer.

Dipayan please read the statement of TS posted somewhere else in this forum and you understand that the GSAT10 is not failed but no transponders are alloted to TS and Ts is planning to sue ISRO for that.

TS PLANS TO SUE ISRO !
"I am being forced to do this because Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has yet to give me my transponders. I could have put this money elsewhere on expanding my digitisation plans," Nagpal told the press. "It is sad that after national publications have carried my complaint against ISRO, I have not got a single revert from it about our transponders. We intend to take legal action since all our attempts to reach ISRO have failed. The courts are on vacation now, when they open again, we will move them," claimed Nagpal.

Tata Sky's signals are being beamed off INSAT- 4A; but it had signed a contract to lease 12 transponders on ISRO's GSAT-10 satellite, even though the satellite was successfully launched in September 2012. n

dreambox.pk said:
i have read everywhere about it no where it is mentioned it is using gsat 10 currently for ur info

GPS-aided geo-augmented navigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I told you to research on GAGAN(GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation). Wikipedia is not whole internet. There are plenty of information available. For an example, Click on link below scroll to page no. 9 read that carefully

http://india.gnss.asia/sites/gnss.asia/files/04%20Indian%20SBAS%20System-GAGAN,%20C%20R%20Sudhir.pdf

There you will see, GSAT-10 launched on 29 Sep’12. Integration activities with INLUS-2 are in progress and other useful information about GAGAN(GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation).

You want another link. Here it is. It is the website of Airport Authority of India. Check question no 7.

Airports Authority of India

So don't argue without researching that GSAT 10 is failed as Transponder in not handed over to TATA(SKY. Main priority of GSAT 10 is to secure Airspace over South asia as GAGAN(GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation) was the main payload. It is doing exactly that from last few month efficiently(Accuracy 3 meter). If transponder was the main priority then ISRO would build satellite only to carry Transponder such as SES S.A(German) or Boeing(American) build commercial Satellite( carry almost 50 or above Transponder) for DirecTV(DTH service provider in United States) or other DTH service provide.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock