Tatasky Remote

pochisur said:
He said there is no warranty for manufacturing defects...I am a South Mega HD annual pack customer..any suggestions? Remote is supplied with HD box 7 months ago.
NinadG said:
Does that mean even if there is some manufacturing defect in TS STB/remote, TS will not replace it for free even if its under warranty????:huh
jdrocks said:
The warranty would cover functionality of the STB and remote. It would not cover compatibility with other manufacturer's brand. In this case it is difficult to prove which manufacturer is having the compatibility problem as other Philips TVs work fine and issue is with only one particular model. In any case it appears to be a design problem and replacement STB / remote of TS will have identical problem.

dipayan said:
Full warrenty is provided on manufacturing defect on STB + remote. Terms & conditions are here http://www.tatasky.com/wps/wcm/connect/a6201846-86b4-4ede-95a1-8d1abdbafabe/Terms%26conditions.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

dipayan said:
It is difficult to prove whose problem as both are using same IR frequency. If you contact TS they will say that their remote is working fine with their STB so there is no problem from their side on the other hand if you contact philips they will say their remote is working fine with their TV so no problem with their hardware. So ultimately the consumer will bounce back and forth. So the only solution seems to be is to live with the problem and block IR sensor of TV so that it cannot detect the TS remote command.

There must have been some way/protocol or understanding among different global manufacturers for avoiding such problems. Otherwise anyone will use any IR code which will be a big problem.
Maybe the manufacturers are registering their IR codes so that new/other manufacturers wouldn't use these codes & avoide duplicate codes.
If this is true then manufacturers of new device should have cross-checked the IR codes before using the same codes in their devices.

NinadG said:
There must have been some way/protocol or understanding among different global manufacturers for avoiding such problems. Otherwise anyone will use any IR code which will be a big problem.
Maybe the manufacturers are registering their IR codes so that new/other manufacturers wouldn't use these codes & avoide duplicate codes.
If this is true then manufacturers of new device should have cross-checked the IR codes before using the same codes in their devices.

Thats why I mentioned that the TV is of 2010 manufacturing & the STB/remote is of 2011 ( non universal one I got , which is also interfering )..in that case TS should have doubly ensured they do not infringe into other IR frequencies, especially those of AV items which are most likely to be placed in the same area as of STB.

Though TS sources STBs from various manufacturers, ( KAONMEDIA of 2011 -non universal remote & Samsung of 2013 - universal remote ), I presume TS will prescribe the pre determined IR frequencies for various functions to these manufacturers to maintain uniformity and interchangeability of remote functions for their various STBs.

So I believe that the blame is squarely on TS. But I also feel it is impossible to take up this case convincingly and do anything about it as of now, as it is a large scale problem ( changing frequency etc ). I have to do some local changes to the position of STB w.r.t TV and avoid IR rays reaching TV.
:huh:wall

Is it possible to encrypt IR frequency so that it only works with a decrypt key? For example digital certificate of a website in SSL. Anyone knows ?

Dont worry, Even if I have some solution, its of no use because after all TS has to provide some solution. There would be few users having Philips LCD which may be facing this issue. Prospective users having Philips LCD will have to first check compatibility with TS. Because people will be having TV first & then they will select DTH provider.

NinadG said:
Dont worry, Even if I have some solution, its of no use because after all TS has to provide some solution. There would be few users having Philips LCD which may be facing this issue. Prospective users having Philips LCD will have to first check compatibility with TS. Because people will be having TV first & then they will select DTH provider.

Yes, its very much possible, all TV showrooms have DTH connections for showcasing their TVs. Buyers of TV can grab the DTB remote of any service provider and press all random buttons and check once...buyers of Philips LCDs, definetely check for guide & Info buttons of TS STB !!:tup

this is a usual problem while using universal remote. philips service center cannot do anything on this. changing of universal remote to normal remote is best option i think

But its happening with both normal as well as universal remote...

keeping stb away from tv is another option. then he required 3 to 5 meter AV cable i think keeping it along with tv is not possible

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock