Tatasky Testing a Unknown HD Channel

• Thread starter Shubham
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 102
  • Views: Views 19,030
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where shall I Email (The top most rank person) to request an channel? I want TravelXp HD, having seen it for a few days on an another dth it seems I cant live without it!

jdrocks said:
I guess the answer to that question lies in the old question - what's in a name? TS randomly applied a name to the test channel. It will be updated when the channel is added on STB.

This cann't be just so random as we guess here, especially when TS is concerned.
TS should not consider all people as naive. It seems it is done purposely to keep people guessing & to avoid unwantan publicity.:p
So I think this will keep happening & sunndenly TS will come up with tsunami of channels on new years eve as some members are predicting.

craige4u said:
Where shall I Email (The top most rank person) to request an channel? I want TravelXp HD, having seen it for a few days on an another dth it seems I cant live without it!

you can send your request to cc & to TS CEO at [email protected]..:tup

NinadG said:
This cann't be just so random as we guess here, especially when TS is concerned.
TS should not consider all people as naive. It seems it is done purposely to keep people guessing & to avoid unwantan publicity.:p
So I think this will keep happening & sunndenly TS will come up with tsunami of channels on new years eve as some members are predicting.

Well, obviously they have chosen a channel name which cannot be the actual channel that is testing. Therefore they have randomly chosen a channel name. They have done this kind of thing several times before - so it can be said to be their standard practice. Whether it is to mislead us is debatable.

Tsunami of channels - one can only hope. But chances are there. Only problem is prospective customers or even existing customers not aware of what's going on at TS (what percentage of them are actually DDF members?) may look elsewhere for their DTH service if something does not happen soon.

TS cann't randomly apply channel name for testing. Its like person testing channel apply the name to channel he likes!
As far as TS is concerned, things cann't be just as random as we guess, as everything is well planned. It seems that even plans are modifed purposely in order to avoid undue publicity. Thats why TS have chosen a channel name which cannot be the actual channel that it is testing.
One can say that its standard practice at TS but its highly debatable considering standards followed by other DTH operators. Afterall TS has SKY blood flowing in it...
As far as addition of channels are concerned, one can only hope for it & then wait. Thats why the forums are for just to share thoughts & info.
If customers are not satisfied with TS offers, definitely they will look for other DTH services.

dipayan said:
Anything can happen in Tatasky

It cann't just happen under the leadership of CEO Harit Nagpal....:lol

NinadG said:
TS cann't randomly apply channel name for testing. Its like person testing channel apply the name to channel he likes!
As far as TS is concerned, things cann't be just as random as we guess, as everything is well planned. It seems that even plans are modifed purposely in order to avoid undue publicity. Thats why TS have chosen a channel name which cannot be the actual channel that it is testing.
One can say that its standard practice at TS but its highly debatable considering standards followed by other DTH operators. Afterall TS has SKY blood flowing in it...

Boss, we are talking of a channel under test on the satellite. It's not meant to be public knowledge in the public domain. ;) It's just that enterprising DDF enthusiasts are continuously scanning the air waves and detecting some of the test signals. :c

Sky blood or not, fact is we don't know why they have chosen a different name for the test channel. Only their tech team knows - it may be just the first available name on a drop down list for all that matters - after all it's just testing, not an actual live transmission to customers!! As long as they name the channel correctly when it appears on our STBs, all is well. :lol

But yes, one of the purposes of this forum is to get as much info as possible. Then if you want, we can keep debating with the info that we have!! :tup

jdrocks said:
I guess the answer to that question lies in the old question - what's in a name? TS randomly applied a name to the test channel. It will be updated when the channel is added on STB.
jdrocks said:
Well, obviously they have chosen a channel name which cannot be the actual channel that is testing. Therefore they have randomly chosen a channel name. They have done this kind of thing several times before - so it can be said to be their standard practice. Whether it is to mislead us is debatable.

Tsunami of channels - one can only hope. But chances are there. Only problem is prospective customers or even existing customers not aware of what's going on at TS (what percentage of them are actually DDF members?) may look elsewhere for their DTH service if something does not happen soon.

DDF enthusiasts will be detecting something unusual activity happening at TS end & will keep posting accordingly....Thats going to happen & then debate will follow....:hello
The thing is if there is something unusual name for any channel under test & with its parameters then it is bound to raise eyebrows...:skd
Here only TS people can tell us about actual things happening, only someone who is having insider info can give us any idea...:k
Definitely TS is not going to show channel name as 'Gemini Comedy' on EPG if the channel they are showing is Zee Studio because it all matters to end customers.

As far as DDF is concerned it is read not only by general public but also our distinguished members are checking the things & updating us accordingly.

& yes bro, after all forum is for debating purpose only... there is going to have some SKY effect....:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock