TataSky's Satelllite Migration News & Updates

• Thread starter SanRam
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,243
  • Views: Views 157,440
wewake said:
It's really doubtful.. it'll be interesting to see that from where they will arrange 24 tps. if it possible then why dish tv is using two satellites??

if it is possible thn it'll good to invest money on this technology rather than to go for other satellite for more tps space...

Dish TV may have pioneered DTH in India but even after all these years, they cannot be called as technology leaders. They still use mpeg2, with no declared intention of moving to mpeg4. So how can we even expect them to think of TP space optimisation? They are traditional in their approach, not innovative like TS.

Re: RE: TataSky's Satelllite Migration News & Updates

abcdefgh said:
Bro if they use this technology I think the PQ of channels will decrease

No change in in the pq at the time of testing.the pq is very high in v tps

Rushil.D said:
how as we already seen a TEST channel from V tp and it PQ is Excellent :)

bro i think that channel is in tp without any compression and only a single channel.. that's why we are getting it in excellent PQ. can't say anything what's in Tatasky's mind... First week of May will be Interesting.

wewake said:
i agree... no doubts.. it may be possible.. but firstly they were ready to go with asiasat satellites even they released 4K stbs with those satellite's configuration and then they changed the game in a single moment and ready to go with GSAT-10 and that too with 24 tps.

by looking at this matter position of Tatasky is doubtful

True. But it seems certain circumstances changed for them suddenly in early 2015. They were planning for AS but suddenly Gsat became available. If they can extract 24 TPs from Gsat10, it will be much cheaper to use than to go for AS. We really don't know what is happening.

I already said in Past the if they are using H.264/MPEG-4 AVC in mepg4 channels then no effect on PQ of channels if they add 60 SD channels also in tps as this codec taking less bandwidth without decreasing PQ

its same like a FULL HD Bluray Rip movie of 4 GB size and 2.5 GB size but both carring same PQ :)

jdrocks said:
Dish TV may have pioneered DTH in India but even after all these years, they cannot be called as technology leaders. They still use mpeg2, with no declared intention of moving to mpeg4. So how can we even expect them to think of TP space optimisation? They are traditional in their approach, not innovative like TS.

yes they are using Mpeg2.. but sun direct is also using Mpeg4 technology... they are also suffering from tps space... only time will tell what tatasky will offer to its customers.

Guys he just posted 2 posts and now he's offline.
I am not against any1 but use your brain guys

abcdefgh said:
Guys he just posted 2 posts and now he's offline.
I am not against any1 but use your brain guys

what do you mean he confirms lots of news :huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock