TataSky's Satelllite Migration News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter SanRam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,243
  • Views Views: Views 158,379
If TS move to Asiasat 8 then How Can they managed to Set All TS Customers Dish Antenna ?
It's Very big question ?
I think 1st they add all the channels available in TS on new Satellite & after that they started migration !

I am not sure of the news. But let me assume that it is going to happen. Now this is how it can be managed. Let's say number of channels as of now is N. And I plan to add 10 now channels. I will have N channels on Insat 4A and all N+10 on new satellite. I will also ensure that these 10 new channels below to same regional channel set or HD, UHD (where I have control over number of subscribers to manage). This is very similar strategy to what was adopted during mpeg4 migration - phased migration. Furthermore, they have few more months available in Insat 4A and within that period they need to ensure alignment happen for all subscribers.

Gssran said:
Just checked the 105.5* slot, nothing found there.

I think good that we are talking about possibilities and news might be correct as well. But the confidence will come only if signals are tracked, some official communication from tata sky happens or CEO speaks. Generally we have seen a tendency from CEO that he announces major strategies well before time.

Imran313 said:
If TS move to Asiasat 8 then How Can they managed to Set All TS Customers Dish Antenna ?
It's Very big question ?
I think 1st they add all the channels available in TS on new Satellite & after that they started migration !
they will relay all channels on both sattelites,
When migration complete then they will stop transmission from Insat 4 A.

shiwesh said:
I am not sure of the news. But let me assume that it is going to happen. Now this is how it can be managed. Let's say number of channels as of now is N. And I plan to add 10 now channels. I will have N channels on Insat 4A and all N+10 on new satellite. I will also ensure that these 10 new channels below to same regional channel set or HD, UHD (where I have control over number of subscribers to manage). This is very similar strategy to what was adopted during mpeg4 migration - phased migration. Furthermore, they have few more months available in Insat 4A and within that period they need to ensure alignment happen for all subscribers.

Lets Hope They are doing all the migration work in Time !

SarfaRaZ said:
Which are the Channels bro ...please give us details :k
I cant give the details its confidence then all the customer will callcentre so i can't give details (sr and frec.) they have started thats all

Back
Top Bottom