TataSky's Satelllite Migration News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter SanRam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,243
  • Views Views: Views 158,379
dinesh19 said:
yes bro..he got ts 4k stb today. He posted in that thread that, technitians confirmed the sat migration to asiasat

Yeah bro, just seen,
Btw I have a dish pointed towards 105.5* East,
Let's see when we get something.

hrkansagara said:
As DreamDTH Member Post Number : 1

me : is tatasky going to change satellite?
answer(ISP) : ya, in February end or may be next month tatasky is starting process. current satelite is at 85 degree and what setup we use to set dish to that angle is 64 degree for dish antenna to receive signals of 85 degree. new satellite is asiaset 8 and we are instructed to move dish by 10 degree angle(which is 74 degree) to let lnb find asiaset 8 @ 105 degree.

conclusion : 10 degree shift seams logical as inset 4a and asiaset 8 is having 20 degree as difference.

Sorry I Don't Get This Lines/Words

Asiasat 8 Is Located In 105.5*E, Why Should They Move To 74*E?

FYKI Asiasat 8 Footprints

footprint_sat_08pop.jpg

Yes it should be azimuth and elevation.

After technician can only do the work what they see from there eyes.

As they don't know much about satellite position, sometimes name , will start blinking eyes if u ask about Indian beam and capacity like 36mhz or more.

On every metal dish legs and rods degrees are mention, and they have satellite meter, so in training they will be told to redirect and will be given new degrees.

Vadirocks said:
Sorry I Don't Get This Lines/Words

Asiasat 8 Is Located In 105.5*E, Why Should They Move To 74*E?

FYKI Asiasat 8 Footprints

ya vadi dear you are right asiasat 8 is at 105.5 * east and i am not say it wrong. just read one line ahead of it. when i said him what what does this means that current dish for insat is @ 64 * east as insat it self on 85 * east which has to much big margin then with few pictures he explained to me that it was dish which at 64 east and then lnb is the one who measures approximately between 40 * angle so if satellite moves just few point angle it will not effect to view any channel by costumer.

i am not a technical guy so after the same replay i have to left this to them only as let they do what ever they want to do. may be athiram or any expert may shed some lights in this in future

hrkansagara said:
ya vadi dear you are right asiasat 8 is at 105.5 * east and i am not say it wrong. just read one line ahead of it. when i said him what what does this means that current dish for insat is @ 64 * east as insat it self on 85 * east which has to much big margin then with few pictures he explained to me that it was dish which at 64 east and then lnb is the one who measures approximately between 40 * angle so if satellite moves just few point angle it will not effect to view any channel by costumer.

i am not a technical guy so after the same replay i have to left this to them only as let they do what ever they want to do. may be athiram or any expert may shed some lights in this in future

I'm Bit Confused Over Degrees!

I'm Expecting Boom From TS So That D2H Also Will Follow!

Vadirocks said:
I'm Bit Confused Over Degrees!

I'm Expecting Boom From TS So That D2H Also Will Follow!

let me clear your confusion by going even more my lnb is of mpeg 2 generation of tatasky with 60 * to 100 * marks on it and the metal dish can be placed in any near directions so if my current dish is at 64 * i can view any near satellite ranging from 60 * east to 100 * east. to scan other satellite what i need is to just tune lnb to other direction. but as you knows asiasat is at 105.5 and it's above the range for lnb so the metal dish needs to shift 10 * more in east to let me accommodate 105.5 in my lnb. then after satfinder will tune lnb which can make 105.5 in my same range so after that adjust new range of angles for lnb is 70 * east to 110 * east.

as in my last question on first post in this thread as you reads "from customer's end they will never going to know when the time is here for particular customer to have change in there dish" that means during process insat and asiasat both will be on from single lnb. as customer you will never notice any change that which satellite is broadcast which channels unless like our DDF satellite experts which can say which channels from which satellite.

tatasky is already learned from airtel's satellite migration with making news public and then facing public pressure so they will never going to announce and one fine day channels will start from new satellite. they will only send you sms like in mpeg 4 migration and then with your consent they do there task silently.

The tech who installed my 4K box also confirmed that they have been told of realignment of dish starting end Feb or early March. But they have not received concrete instructions yet.

jdrocks said:
The tech who installed my 4K box also confirmed that they have been told of realignment of dish starting end Feb or early March. But they have not received concrete instructions yet.

mine one already has the full detailed so it should with your area one to but as i said they will not tell you what instructions they got.

secret : my native place is small village so the one who come from they will have face to face friendship with other ones and tell few thing just for the sake that other one does not make any wrong move. my ISP and i shares same village so i got only that much for you all which you can 100% have faith. trust it or not is up to you. as not only me but after me 2 or 3 member confirm same so from this much we can only wait and see what happens next.

So even before first realignment happens...almost all the channels of that person's segment of interest will be already on the new satellites and it should be possible for our experts to track...right?

Back
Top Bottom