Thought of The Day

• Thread starter Thread starter Arjun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 982
  • Views Views: Views 87,314
RE: Thought for the Day

3rd April 2013
People suffer because they have all kinds of unreasonable desires and they pine to fulfil them and fail miserably. They attach too much value to the objective world. It is only when attachment increases that you suffer pain and grief. If you look upon the world and all its created objects with the insight derived from the inner vision, the attachment will fade away; you will see everything much clearer, with the Divine glory suffused in its Splendour. Close your external eyes and open your inner eyes – see what a beautiful grand vision emerges from within you, as you go through your daily life. Attachment to the world has limits, but the attachment to the Lord that you develop when your inner eye opens has no limit. Enjoy that Reality, not this false picture from your external eyes.

RE: Thought for the Day

4th April 2013
It is not easy to know your own Self. Take the case of the food that you eat. You feel its presence as long as it is in your stomach, but do not know what happens in the stages after that, unless you study in depth about your human body. How then can you know, without effort, the Truth that lies behind the sheaths that encase and enclose you. You must clear the intellect of the cobwebs of the ego, the dust of desire, and the soot of greed and envy, then it becomes a fit instrument for revealing the Inner Truth. The Scriptures exhort you to know your Self, know your Inner Motivator (the Antharyami)! For, unless you are armed with that knowledge, you are like a ship sailing without a compass in a stormy sea!

RE: Spirtual Thoughts

5th April 2013
The Lord is the Immanent Power in everything; those who refuse to believe that the image in the mirror (the world) is a reflection of themselves, how can they believe in the Lord, when He is reflected in every object around them? The moon is reflected in a pot, provided it has water. So too, the Lord can be clearly seen in your heart, provided, you have the water of Love inside it. When the Lord is not reflected in your heart, you cannot say that there is no Lord. It only means that there is no Love within you.

6th April 2013
A few elders in Brindavan who revelled in scandalizing Krishna set an ordeal for Radha to test her virtue. Radha was asked to fetch water in a pot from Yamuna to home. Radha, with full faith in Krishna, was immersed in the consciousness of the Lord, that she never bothered to know the condition of the pot. The mud pot she was given had a hundred holes. She immersed it in the river, repeating the name of Krishna as usual, with every intake of the breath and every exhalation. Every time the name Krishna was uttered, a hole was covered, so that by the time the pot was full, it was whole! That was the measure of her faith. Faith can affect even inanimate objects.

7th April 2013
“If you’re sad, then cry.
After you cry, you still have to live life”

9th April 2013
Students and youngsters must have challenging attitude towards things and honour physical labour. You must be eager to be of service to those who need it on account of their disabilities. Honour your elders and do not miss any chance of serving or pleasing them. Whatever gives you health and joy, welcome it – but do not lower yourself by indulging in vulgar pastimes. Do not wander aimlessly in the streets or frequent cinema halls and mix with undesirable company, or cultivate bad habits for fun. Remember that you must raise your motherland to great heights through your hard work and effort. When you develop such virtues, the nation will prosper.

Bros
It is very sad to see that nowadays the childrens r in teenages r speeking vulgare,smoking,drinking very liberaly. I dont know any vulgare words till my 10 th class. I think reson is friend circles. "Tell ur friend, tell about u".
And the main factor is film industry. Vulgare r very liberaly uzed in films. Anyway the parents to be guied their childrens & to be good friendship.

10th April 2013
First, have unshakeable faith that can stand the ridicule of the ignorant, worldly and the low-minded. When someone ridicules you, reflect within yourself - Are they ridiculing my body or soul? If they are ridiculing my body, they are helping me develop detachment! Ridiculing the soul is impossible, for, the Atma is beyond praise or blame, words or thoughts. Then repeat to yourself, “I am the Eternal Self, Pure and Immovable (Nirmala, Nischala) and so I must transcend this feeling.” Secondly, do not worry about ups and downs, loss or gain, joy or grief. You are the creator of your own destiny. You crave for something - when you get it, you feel joyful! If you don’t get it, you are in despair. Cut the craving off, and there will be no more swings between joy and grief. Finally, be convinced in the Omnipresence of Divinity.

11th April 2013
Everyone has inside them a whole set of animals. You must suppress the tendencies of these animals and encourage the human qualities of love and friendship to shine forth. Begin the cultivation of virtues even when young, it is very important and more beneficial than book-learning. Treat everyone as your own people and even if you cannot do them any good, desist from causing any injury. Burn the lamp of love in the niche of your heart and the nocturnal birds of greed and envy will fly away, unable to bear the light. Love makes you humble, it makes you bend and bow when you see greatness and glory.

Back
Top Bottom