TN Digitization - General Discussions [SCV Says Allocated Thousand Crore for STB, Challenges other MSO. - Will SCV take back Chennai?]

but mostly scv and tccl wont give hd setup boxes for free...they might atleast give sd for free and hd setupbox at rs 750 - rs 1000...and they may also increase the hd package rates gradually.

Yes, both SCV & TCCL would offer free SD STB but HD STB might be priced around Rs 750 so they can easily cover the cost via HD subscription cost.

As expected SCV offer's free STB, will VK Digital & TCCL follow suit and offer free SD STB to stay on the race?

People deserve free STB & MSO have the duty to inform the subscribers about the MRP of their DAS packs as LCO's are selling the DAS packs as high as they please and this brings a very bad name to the MSO's.

VK Digital MSO says all SD+HD (except sun network HD) cost Rs 199+36 = Rs 235. But LCO's hike this pack by Rs 65 and offer at Rs 300, many LCO's even sell the same pack at Rs 350 with a huge hike of Rs 115 which doesn't sound to be fair hope GST takes care of this under profiteering.

Last edited:
Time Line:
  • Aug 2003 - SCV Brings "Conditional Access System (CAS)".
  • Apr 2010 - JAK TV MSO starts in Chennai.
  • Sep 2011 - Arasu launched in TN except Chennai.
  • Nov 2012 - Arasu stated in Chennai (no one knows which areas they covered).
  • Till Sep 2016 - SCV ruled Chennai District. TCCL outside Chennai District.
  • From Oct 2016 - VK Entered and took most places and SCV did continue hold some places.
  • Apr 2017 - Arasu gets DAS License.
  • May 2017 - VK announced soon analogue turn off and complete DAS with new HD STB Info channel.
  • June 2017 - Arasu tender for Free STB topped the news. VK Digital HD STB Info channel removed.
  • July 2017 - SCV & Arasu announces free STB, TCCL might follow. VK STB ad's still missing so no idea if they want to go DAS.
  • Aug 2017 - ?

Time Line:
  • Aug 2003 - SCV Brings "Conditional Access System (CAS)".
  • Apr 2010 - JAK TV MSO starts in Chennai.
  • Sep 2011 - Arasu launched in TN except Chennai.
  • Nov 2012 - Arasu stated in Chennai (no one knows which areas they covered).
  • Till Sep 2016 - SCV ruled Chennai District. TCCL outside Chennai District.
  • From Oct 2016 - VK Entered and took most places and SCV did continue hold some places.
  • Apr 2017 - Arasu gets DAS License.
  • May 2017 - VK announced soon analogue turn off and complete DAS with new HD STB Info channel.
  • June 2017 - Arasu tender for Free STB topped the news. VK Digital HD STB Info channel removed.
  • July 2017 - SCV & Arasu announces free STB, TCCL might follow. VK STB ad's still missing so no idea if they want to go DAS.
  • Aug 2017 - ?
my LCO said Arasu cable will distribute hd stb from next month..

my LCO said Arasu cable will distribute hd stb from next month..

Good to know & Thanks for the info. :) Hope they start the process sooner. My LCO mostly would join Arasu. (y)

BTW Which area are you from?

Can any 1 help me choosing digital cable.since for 3.5 yrs I'm using sd now I feel to change over SCV or TCCL in digital cable.mainly my parents watch sun TV serials and other shows also I too like to watch new movies in HD.i just need latest package details for both SCV and TCCL.or shall I continue some months with SD...

Can any 1 help me choosing digital cable.since for 3.5 yrs I'm using sd now I feel to change over SCV or TCCL in digital cable.mainly my parents watch sun TV serials and other shows also I too like to watch new movies in HD.i just need latest package details for both SCV and TCCL.or shall I continue some months with SD...

Do you have two MSO in your area? I have no choice but to get an STB from what ever MSO my LCO is connected to. Also my LCO never gives free or discounted STB replacement when he changes MSO also he never promotes or forces anyone to get an STB.

SCV with their free STB offer has proved that they are not ready to leave the market so mostly they will try to retain their LCO's, so check with your LCO about HD pack in SCV and get a good discount for replacing your SD STB with a new HD STB and also get a guarantee from your LCO that he wont change MSO else investment on your HD STB would go waste.

If possible show this AD to your LCO and demand a replacement HD STB for Rs 500 or 600 max and demand for all HD channels pack for Rs 300 (i think he will mostly agree) and i think this is the best pack available in Chennai which includes even Sun network HD channels.
Fbq282p.jpg

May be you can write an email to SCV or call SCV and check with them about any good offers (hope your LCO does not gets angry if he comes to know about this).

I think by Aug 1st week everything should be clear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock