TN Digitization - General Discussions [SCV Says Allocated Thousand Crore for STB, Challenges other MSO. - Will SCV take back Chennai?]

sathishbabu4u said:
It is very difficult to go DAS in chennai.
 -> Eventhough VK go 100% DAS in near future, SCV / Arasu will still give free Analogue services, and LCOs will connect to them immediately and serve the people who are not ready to buy the STB.

I heard my LCO giving VK stb for 500rs. and monthly subscription of 180rs for all sports and tamil channels (don't know the channel list).

Ok, lets say LCO wants to stay with VK and is forcing subscribers to purchase STB. Do you think people will resist moving to DAS?

Till now LCO never forced anyone to buy STB so people were silent but if LCO force people then wont they purchase STB like people from other cities across India did?

Also when LCO does not want to change MSO, how can people get analogue from other MSO?

My LCO said only one pack with VK, it has all the channels and its Rs 250.

dinee said:
Mostly scv and tccl will give free stb boxes also in my view.250 rs is a huge amount which vk going to provide.instead of going to vk we can go with tccl 230rs package which provides 70hd channels

Yes, but if LCO stays with VK how can we move to SCV or TCCL even if they give free STB?

dinee said:
Hmmm.then v should stick with what lco provides.

Yes, we have no choice. This is exactly why i hate LCO's. They do what is good for them and never care about the subscribers.

DAS was implemented with a single motive of preventing MSO's and LCO's from collecting huge monthly subscription with unwanted channels now again we have just 1 pack, Rs 250 exactly how we had in analogue. Only difference is the number of channels increased and charges doubled.

In "sathishbabu4u " area VK collects just Rs 170 for all Tamil and Sports channels and it seems to be ok for most people. Rs 250 sounds too high compared to other MSO tariff. Even SCV is offering all tamil and sports channels at Rs 161 + tax.

VK Digital entered Chennai showing these packages, they have to keep their word and offer exactly the same packages with all the HD channels included (channels name might have changed) with an option for subscribers to choose the package of their choice.

LCO's cant be allowed to dictate the packages.

And for those who want only tamil channels, they should be allowed to pick the one at Rs 135 + tax.

Also those who have a second and third tv in the same house should be given some offers.

CL1WQI.jpg

7KSEyO.jpg

(Please Note: I don't own the above VK Digital images and have just copied its location from another DDF post, please contact the original uploader for updates or assistance related to the images)

Is there any HD package available for Tamil channels

dinee said:
Is there any HD package available for Tamil channels

Nopes.

As per the above shared images, for HD channels we have to subscribe to the K Mega package at Rs 250. No mention of Sun HD channels in the list so it could be available at additional cost. Seems TCCL and VK are following the same pricing pattern.

I heard my LCO giving VK stb for 500rs. and monthly subscription of 180rs for all sports and tamil channels (don't know the channel list).

Hi, please check which channels are running in between Jaya TV HD & Kalaigner Tv. I have two Republic TV channels running.

If no VK HD STB for you too then mostly our LCO's would move to Arasu and deliver free STB.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Looks like Chennai will have 3 MSO's Arasu, SCV & TCCL.

Chennai District: Arasu & SCV.
Chennai City & Chennai Metro: Arasu, SCV & TCCL.

Mostly SCV & TCCL will offer free STB and would include more SD & HD channels and will tell its subscribers that Arasu does not provide those. Mostly VK Digital LCO's would move to Arasu.

Unless VK Digital brings back its HD STB Channel and puts some announcement we cant be sure they are in the race. Mostly they might try to retain control of Kovai and Western TN.

but mostly scv and tccl wont give hd setup boxes for free...they might atleast give sd for free and hd setupbox at rs 750 - rs 1000...and they may also increase the hd package rates gradually.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock