Tp 11510 Fec Changed By Tatasky

• Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 7,562
@Arjun3144 No bro, They Have No Other Options. New Satellite Means They Have To Convert All Dish To That New Direction. And That's 'Impossible', To Go Everybody's Home And Change Evey TataSky Dish Direction, So Gsat10 Is The Only Satellite @83.0°E. Belongs To Insat4A @83.0°E. That's Whay They Spend 900 Crore To Convert MPEG 2 To MPEG 4. Bt That's Not Enough Space They Need More Space In 2 Years Later, They Can't Change Satellite And Can't Update The System Spending 900 Crore Again. So They Have And Will Use GSAT10. And They Are Using GSAT10. GSAT10 Have 12 TP. As I Mentioned Earlier.

Ankit_bpl said:
@Arjun3144 No bro. New Satellite Means They Have To Convert All Dish To That New Direction. And That's 'Impossible' To Go Everybody's Home And Change Evey Dish. So Gsat10 Is The Only Satellite 83.0°E. Belongs To Insat4A 83.0°E.

I Know bro but gsat 10 have same capicity but ts want extra

Super Fast Update @Gssran Bhai ..Ts going to do a big dhamaal by Next Week :eek:hya:tup;)

Ankit_bpl said:
@Arjun3144 No bro, They Have No Other Options. New Satellite Means They Have To Convert All Dish To That New Direction. And That's 'Impossible', To Go Everybody's Home And Change Evey TataSky Dish Direction, So Gsat10 Is The Only Satellite @83.0°E. Belongs To Insat4A @83.0°E. That's Whay They Spend 900 Crore To Convert MPEG 2 To MPEG 4. Bt That's Not Enough Space They Need More Space In 2 Years Later, They Can't Change Satellite And Can't Update The System Spending 900 Crore Again. So They Have And Will Use GSAT10. And They Are Using GSAT10. GSAT10 Have 12 TP. As I Mentioned Earlier.

Only Gsat10 will not be enough even with full migration to mpeg4 as it has same TP space as Insat 4A. To stay in business, TS need more space. For short time Gsat may be an option but long term it cannot be a solution. And whenever they move to different satellite at different location dish realignment will be required. It is not an impossible task. Airtel did it when they had to move to foreign satellite when their Insat satellite failed. Sooner or later it will need to be done when higher capacity satellite is acquired by TS.

@jdrocks but I don't think Insat4A Will down. Like sun direct and airtel. tata sky have great team they will not lay down Insat4A ever. And right now tata sky has enough space to add new channel and I know Mr.Nagpal is very clever. And I thing Dish TV have 2 Satellite and Total 15 TP. Tata sky first priority is services and grate experience. Not Many Channels
But any way Tata sky future is very Bright and tata sky dominated even low sapce so inuf Space enough for them. And I think 15 to 20 Channels coming till December. Last year 2014 they added 53 channel and 2015 until now they added 36 so 15 to 20 Channels coming until December. I don't know in future wich Satellite they will use foreign or Indian BT righ now they are planning and using GSAT10 Only. With INSAT4A. It's enough to kill airtel, reliance, sun, zing and d2h also.

jdrocks said:
Only Gsat10 will not be enough even with full migration to mpeg4 as it has same TP space as Insat 4A. To stay in business, TS need more space. For short time Gsat may be an option but long term it cannot be a solution. And whenever they move to different satellite at different location dish realignment will be required. It is not an impossible task. Airtel did it when they had to move to foreign satellite when their Insat satellite failed. Sooner or later it will need to be done when higher capacity satellite is acquired by TS.

Airtel didn't do anything..due to premature decommissioning of GSAT3/EDUSAT & GSAT2 DOS kicked out Airtel from INSAT 4CR & compelled them to move to SES.

For extra capacity allocation DOS is doing a quota raj. No one can get extra capacity so easily, i.e why Airtel got only one extra transponder from SES but it has more than 12 transponder for India. Actually with the capacity allocation at snail pace DOS wants to give ISRO enough time to put all their indigenous satellite in their orbital slots.

abhinaba said:
Airtel didn't do anything..due to premature decommissioning of GSAT3/EDUSAT & GSAT2 DOS kicked out Airtel from INSAT 4CR & compelled them to move to SES.

The point is Airtel had to realign dishes of their customers in a short time.

Ankit_bpl said:
@jdrocks but I don't think Insat4A Will down. Like sun direct and airtel. tata sky have great team they will not lay down Insat4A ever. And right now tata sky has enough space to add new channel and I know Mr.Nagpal is very clever. And I thing Dish TV have 2 Satellite and Total 15 TP. Tata sky first priority is services and grate experience. Not Many Channels
But any way Tata sky future is very Bright and tata sky dominated even low sapce so inuf Space enough for them. And I think 15 to 20 Channels coming till December. Last year 2014 they added 53 channel and 2015 until now they added 36 so 15 to 20 Channels coming until December. I don't know in future wich Satellite they will use foreign or Indian BT righ now they are planning and using GSAT10 Only. With INSAT4A. It's enough to kill airtel, reliance, sun, zing and d2h also.

By all means short time Gsat or Insat is OK. But Insat will not go on forever and then 12 TPs on Gsat will not be enough, whatever tricks Mr. Nagpal pulls, there is a limit. So for the long term, new satellite will be required and it will require realignment of dishes. That is my point - it is not an impossible task - they will use satellites in two slots simultaneously for some time and keep migrating customers to the new sat over a period of few months. When all are realigned, they will switch off the old satellite.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock