Breaking TRAI Admits things hasn’t worked as planned, looks to lower TV bills

So R.S.Sharma is back to reality from dreams. Probably he got tight slaps from few of his neighbors who were non Tata Sky users. Anyway, better late than never. He should bring the 15 percent rule back immediately which would reduce the al-a-carte price. He should probably look at reducing the NCF too.

Trai chairman told that a customer watch few channels may be 20 - 30, then why trai forced ncf for 100 channels. If a customer watch only 10 channels then why should he pay ncf of 100 channels. Ncf should be decreased.

Either bring the 15% percent discount rule or remove broadcaster pack all together.
All these pricing woes would get over in blink of an eye.

TRAI is considering to issue a consultation paper aimed at reducing monthly cable and DTH bills. The official admitted that new pricing regime which had aimed to make TV viewing more affordable hasn’t worked as planned.

The official said to ET “A consultation paper is in the works on reducing the broadcasting tariffs.”

He also said that regulator’s move did not play out the way the authority had earlier expected. “The aim was to make TV channel pricing more transparent and to give control of channels to the consumers, while making it more affordable, but it did not pan out that way.”

TRAI: 3 months into new tariffs, TRAI looks to lower TV bills
Foot in the (TRAI) Mouth
We stand vindicated.

How th
How will DPO's run operations in such low profit?
Tell us How they were managing where there wasn't any NCF & wasn't any upper price band ?
Then most of subscribers were paying ₹200-400 & same just ₹100 even .
Look some Channels are closing shops now.

My opinion is if I subscribe to a hd pack or an hd channel it's sd version should be activated without having to pay extra. In case of sports channels hd feed and sd feed differs a lot when it comes to live matches coniciding each other. So we pay have to pay for both hd and sd separate. Earlier packs were better in that scenario, like infinity pack which was much cheaper. And now not much savings for multiple connections which is a huge let down for customers.

Last edited:
A simple question from a layman, When Airtel was offering me all HD+SD channels at Rs 699 on Primary & Rs 275 on secondary and both broadcaster & Airtel found it profitable why is only 20% of the overall channels now cost Rs 699 on primary & Rs 546 on secondary?

Who increased my subscription from Rs 974 to Rs 1,245 and why were the channel count reduced to just 20% from the previous with several of my fav channels missing?

This is called DAY LOOTING. Definitely someone is LOOTING and the one supposed to protect people from LOOTERS have sanctioned this LOOTING legally. And on top of that they will try to convince me all these LOOTING are for my own good and if i keep denying then they will say they might be wrong so may be they might resolve issue and hopefully they wont change the NCF from Rs 154 to 1,154.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock