Breaking TRAI Admits things hasn’t worked as planned, looks to lower TV bills

Exactly bro

NCF must be Rs 49 for First 100 channels
Then Rs 10 for every 25 channels

It will be beneficial for Customers
Agree
1. Ncf should be flat from 50-100 for all channels. 2.FTA channels should be exclude from NCF with price 0 or minimum as applicable.
3. New rule should be impliment for multi tv/secondary box as many providers are charging same amount as primary.

My opinion is if I subscribe to a hd pack or an hd channel it's sd version should be activated without having to pay extra. In case of sports channels hd feed and sd feed differs a lot when it comes to live matches coniciding each other. So we pay have to pay for both hd and sd separate. Earlier packs were better in that scenario, like infinity pack which was much cheaper. And now not much savings for multiple connections which is a huge let down for customers.

Nopes, TRAI wont like you watch anything without paying. Luckily they aren't demanding additional payment to watch those specific programs you love to watch. And more luckily they are yet not charging on per program basis like flight charges, if you pay to watch a 1 hr program 1 month in advance its Rs 19 and if you purchase it a day before then its Rs 19,999.00. Dont know where these people come from. Hope 23rd gets people what they want.

TRAI is considering to issue a consultation paper aimed at reducing monthly cable and DTH bills. The official admitted that new pricing regime which had aimed to make TV viewing more affordable hasn’t worked as planned.

The official said to ET “A consultation paper is in the works on reducing the broadcasting tariffs.”

He also said that regulator’s move did not play out the way the authority had earlier expected. “The aim was to make TV channel pricing more transparent and to give control of channels to the consumers, while making it more affordable, but it did not pan out that way.”

TRAI: 3 months into new tariffs, TRAI looks to lower TV bills

Let them revert all these to a state before NCF or else let them stay shut. I'm worried they will plan doing better and end up increasing NCF from Rs 154 to 451 & Channel prices from Rs 19 to 91.

Exactly bro

NCF must be Rs 49 for First 100 channels
Then Rs 10 for every 25 channels

It will be beneficial for Customers
As My Way NCF Should 1.5 Rs Per Channel.
& No Minimum Limit.

Last edited:
T
My opinion is if I subscribe to a hd pack or an hd channel it's sd version should be activated without having to pay extra. In case of sports channels hd feed and sd feed differs a lot when it comes to live matches coniciding each other. So we pay have to pay for both hd and sd separate. Earlier packs were better in that scenario, like infinity pack which was much cheaper. And now not much savings for multiple connections which is a huge let down for customers.
TRAI Should Make Rule,
If Broadcasters Provide HD Channel Than, They Can't Provide SD Version Of It & SD STB User Will Get Downscaled Version From MSO.

ZEEL CEO's View.
FWNWEWg.png

Will they scrap this regulations. I can't watch anything on TV.

“When a new thing is put in place, you always notice that in some areas, things are not working out the way you had imagined, or in some areas some finetuning is required,” said Sharma, head of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai).

“We are first looking at (whether) there are any aberrations in the implementation in the tariff order as it exists, and rectify them,” he said. “Finetuning will require some data and we don’t want to get into that on the basis of anecdotes, ARPU (average revenue per user), number of litigations, etc. We’re looking at this carefully and collecting data and will finetune (the regulation) at the right time.”

TRAI: TRAI open to finetuning new cable tariff order

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock