• Views: Views 205,509

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the websites reporting that the judgement will be out in two days when the next hearing is scheduled after 3 months!

Case is not postpone to 3 months

Actually more then 8-9 petition header together and one of them is postpone to 3 month rest of all not postpone and judgment we can expect sooner then later. below is the list.

WP/116/2020​
WP/680/2020​

WP/117/2020​

WP/118/2020​

WP/120/2020​

WP/124/2020​

WP/125/2020​

WP/126/2020​

WP/147/2020​

**please note this is my understanding after seeing all petition date.**

Broadcasters cannot afford 3 month delay as all their new channel launch will be stuck or even they cannot modify current RIO.... So expect judgement to b sooner on request by all concerned. Alternately for time being maybe honourable court will allow NTO 2.0 without Rs. 12 max standalone cap regulation. Also till that temporary RIO might be brought in

Bombay High Court update..

Adjourned to Monday for Counter Reply, today again our Counsel Argued well, TRAI Council was trying best to convince the Hon. Court that Cable Operators are under the MSO and that MSO is not part of our Petition, this was Countered well, also Hon. Court is well explained that NCF is the only Revenue that we have and therefore revision of the same adversely without clarification of the same in the TRAI consultation paper will cause us losses upon us if NCF as per NTO-2 is implemented.

It appears that the Hon. Judges have understood our grievance well

Court is well explained that NCF is the only Revenue that we have and therefore revision of the same adversely without clarification of the same in the TRAI consultation paper will cause us losses upon us if NCF as per NTO-2 is implemented
As per my understanding DPOs also get 20% from the pay channel price. So it is wrong to say NCF is only revenue source. Isn't it?

Court is well explained that NCF is the only Revenue that we have and therefore revision of the same adversely without clarification of the same in the TRAI consultation paper will cause us losses upon us if NCF as per NTO-2 is implemented.
NCF as per NTO 2.0 is already in effect from multiple DPOs. If the MSOs don't implement it soon, they will start losing customers (Especially Multi TV). By the way, NCF hasn't been revised adversely in NTO 2.0. The base NCF is still kept intact (I believe most users fall under base NCF only). If MSOs have a problem with Multi TV discount and a max slab of 160, it's very unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock