• Views: Views 205,369

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean 1 as in quantity not 1Sports ch :)

Expect lot of channels to shut down when NTO 2.0 comes. Some might be letting channels survive as they would have to reduce bouqet prices and there is no sign as to when Bombay HC judgement will come.

Expect lot of channels to shut down when NTO 2.0 comes. Some might be letting channels survive as they would have to reduce bouqet prices and there is no sign as to when Bombay HC judgement will come.

NTO is not to blame, all getting closed bcoz of flawed strategy on various fronts. They can close ch and let old bouquet continue or i think price revision is allowed.

There can also b a combined effort to shut chs and build pressure on authorities/ govt. to scrap NTO as all their previous tactics failed.

Few days back i had explained why eng gec were able to survive in pre nto era but same won't work now, plz read that Bhai

They can close ch and let old bouquet continue or i think price revision is allowed.

Yes price revision is allowed which TV18, Zee, Star, Discovery, and Sony have done. But, none have forced existing RIOs to be replaced with newer ones. Their websites only say that any deals with DPOs would only be on the basis of new RIOs.

Few days back i had explained why eng gec were able to survive in pre nto era but same won't work now, plz read that Bhai

Yes, I have read that bro.

Yes price revision is allowed which TV18, Zee, Star, Discovery, and Sony have done. But, none have forced existing RIOs to be replaced with newer ones. Their websites only say that any deals with DPOs would only be on the basis of new RIOs.

Yes, I have read that bro.

But tata sky, dish tv already updated new sony bouquet prices

But tata sky, dish tv already updated new sony bouquet prices

Not that one bro. Those price reductions are probably mandatory, as per regulations as shut downs have impacted existing bouquets.

I meant the price hike one which was notified in January. If you check the new Sony RIO which was released in January (amended in May), the bouquet prices are still the same although 5 channels have shut down since March. They haven't made any change to those, but only reduced existing bouquet prices.

Recently amended one.

https://www.sonypicturesnetworksdis...loads/2020/05/RIO_issue-2-Rev-3_30.5.2020.pdf

Not that one bro. Those price reductions are probably mandatory, as per regulations as shut downs have impacted existing bouquets.

I meant the price hike one which was notified in January. If you check the new Sony RIO which was released in January (amended in May), the bouquet prices are still the same although 5 channels have shut down since March. They haven't made any change to those, but only reduced existing bouquet prices.

Recently amended one.

https://www.sonypicturesnetworksdis...loads/2020/05/RIO_issue-2-Rev-3_30.5.2020.pdf
yes bhai they cannot introduce new bouquet till court verdict is out. Really hope NTO 2.0 comes into effect soon. In one way i m happy too bcoz unwanted chs with limited or repetitive old content shutting down. Such a lost opportunity for broadcasters... They could have come with innovative plans to attract audience but they r just sticking by old ways :(

Trai directs broadcasters to implement NTO 2.0 by 10 august...

What about SC verdict??

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock