• Views: Views 206,597

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with the new changes. What made me little sad is the base price (NCF). I wished a lower NCF of ~₹100 for ~50 channels but TRAI put the same ₹130+GST for increased number of channels(200). The new move would help customers but not everyone like the one who watches less channels.

Look at the important aspects of this new rules which would be implemented on 1st March 2020.

1. There will be 200 channels in ₹153 NCF .
2. Mandatory channels won't be included in ₹153 NCF.
3. The Maximum NCF will be ₹188.88 irrespective of how many channels you add beyond 200 channels.
** does it mean all broadcaster bouquets channels are out of those 200 channels, cant we keep it within 189 ncf?

What's the maximum cap for a la carte price is it rs.19 or Broadcaster can set any price for its channel now after new rules :huh:

** does it mean all broadcaster bouquets channels are out of those 200 channels, cant we keep it within 189 ncf?
don't be confused too much brother!!

you can add any 200 channels (pay, free, any) at 130 NCF. It's the capacity fee, not FTA only fee

1] There wont be 25+ channels of Doordarshan in those 200 channels,
2] DTH operators like Airtel (which I use ) provides FTA channels in ₹153
3] There are enough channels which you can watch in those 200 channels.

Not happy with this move. Broadcasters will make small bouquets with different genre now. They will find new way to make money.
The only thing that can give benefits to the customer is NCF. They should reduce NCF to atleast 80₹+GST.
These new rules are only good for multi tv users.

TRAI forget about variable NCF for low channels watched people, but encourage to view higher number of channels (200 channels minimum) :D
yeah, I was hoping for Variable NCF too (for viewers like me who only watch 8 fixed channels)

Please don't be confused my friend the new rules are same as old one but few changes are made.

1)NCF is same as 153( GST included) , previously you could add only 100 channels in 153 which included mandatory channels of Doordarshan, if you add channels from broadcaster bouquets you can add up to 75 channels (100-25) after you cross 100 channels your NCF will increase.

Now 100 channels bar is moved to 200 channels and DD channels will not be mandatory anymore.

1] There wont be 25+ channels of Doordarshan in those 200 channels,
2] DTH operators like Airtel (which I use ) provides FTA channels in ₹153
3] There are enough channels which you can watch in those 200 channels.

I am using dishtv, which is giving near about 184 fta within Rs 153- that is more than enough to me. I am basically used 4 boradcater bouquets, ad sony HI bangal of rs 31, zee bengali family pack of rs 39, discovery sd bouquet1 of rs 8, & disney universal of rs 10, and sometimes sony sports of rs 31, as dish tv has single channel 30 days lock in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock