Discussion TRAI asks DPOs to switch-off pay channels of non-complying customers from 7 Feb

• Thread starter ghaju
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 69
  • Views: Views 9,425
Actually freedom means if you created a new framework, old framework also there.
Customer has to choose to best one .
But TRAI said than forcefully to change new framework. This not a freedom !
And one more TRAI said that 25 DD channels mandatory. Who are you to decide say which channels to watch? If your content is good , channel can watch , even it's pay. Atleast any DD channel pleased in top 10 list in last 10 years.
For example Jio come with new approach. People accepted it.
TRAI is completely dictating us. If people really hurts , DTH companies are loosers.

Let the demand for Media Cable increase and at the peak Jio will release it. Slogan may be like 'Why to limit your choice, get Jiophone media cable and watch 600+ channels" :p

The rule is very bad, i watched 260 channels including 100 pay channels for 240rs in kerala vision.but now I need atleast 800rs to watch these channels,always the government institutions making trouble in ordinary persons life
Kerala vision manipulated customer data and given these no of channels at low rate. After new rule they can,t manipulate

Let the demand for Media Cable increase and at the peak Jio will release it. Slogan may be like 'Why to limit your choice, get Jiophone media cable and watch 600+ channels" :p
Good idea bro...
But is it possible to watch TV with Jio phone via media cable. How much data consume . is it network stable. ..and one more is it safe continuesly run Jio phone more than 5 hours with data on.....generally in every house TV runs 5pm to 11 pm avg.Iam not advise it may be blast. So don't think in that way.
I wish Jio will launch Android box with inbuilt Jio TV and Jio cinema apps below ₹2000.

Last edited:
this is right time come Jio TV/ fibernet.
Just Shake the market

Last edited:
You may don,t get benefit soon after implementation. You want to wait few days. Then you are going to get benefit because many broadcasters will reduce there price also many of them will get converted to fta and finally many garbage channels are going.to get shut down. So please wait. But also there are many customers who will get benefit from feb1 itself
What's funny :LOL:
Here you are preaching common man to wait for price crash ignoring the fact that from 28Dec till today nothing like that happened and ignoring TRAI who is going hell bent to force people to loose money or leave TV viewing ?

What's funny :LOL:
Here you are preaching common man to wait for price crash ignoring the fact that from 28Dec till today nothing like that happened and ignoring TRAI who is going hell bent to force people to loose money or leave TV viewing ?
Iam getting 70 HD channels across all genres like sports , movies, regional , infotainment , kids etc.
With all my regional paid channels. For only ₹305 for my first connection .
Is it gives any DTH these channels at this price.
You may ask are you watch all channels?
Yes I will watch sports hd channels if any cricket or tennis running.
I will search all English hd / hindi hd channels and select one movie , then I will watch.
My children s are wacthed different programs in different cartoon channels.
Ladies watches serials in afternoon.
Now we are all watching HD channels.
Because this TRAI rule, we are not managing this situation.

Iam getting 70 HD channels across all genres like sports , movies, regional , infotainment , kids etc.
With all my regional paid channels. For only ₹305 for my first connection .
Is it gives any DTH these channels at this price.
You may ask are you watch all channels?
Yes I will watch sports hd channels if any cricket or tennis running.
I will search all English hd / hindi hd channels and select one movie , then I will watch.
My children s are wacthed different programs in different cartoon channels.
Ladies watches serials in afternoon.
Now we are all watching HD channels.
Because this TRAI rule, we are not managing this situation.
Exactly this is the real problem most of families are facing today.
People are ready to pay ₹250~350 depending on area and need but very few are ready to pay ₹400+ that's too for just few channels.

Probably they think they can raise huge GST revenue by making people subscribe to individual channels on a monthly basis, but instead i think people will lose interest and try to reduce expense which will force several channels to close down (even lots of FTA that people dont watch) which in-turn will spoil whatever revenue plans they've made. Could be another huge blunder in the making. :ok2:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock