TRAI releases Consultation paper on Tariff related issues for Broadcasting and Cable services

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 56
  • Views: Views 8,501
For HD channel Rs.10(incl 18% gst) SD Rs.6 in my opinion. Then only it will fair for viewers.

My thought on revision, probably this can lead to price decrease, I'm not an expert though;

a) Introduce 15% cap
b) minimum price per channel Rs. 3 maximum 19 Rs., so that DPO or broadcaster can not misuse/manipulate bouquet prices by inflating prices of flagship channels and putting 10 Paisa or 50 paisa price for unwanted channels to cover 15% CAP.
c) NCF is ok and fixed it at Rs 130 otherwise will be difficult for small LCO to sustain. No extra NCF for adding channels beyond 100 channels
d) no clubbing of free and pay channels in single bouquet
e) no clubbing of SD and HD channels in single bouquet
f) if a channel is FTA, then it shall be FTA on all platforms

Written comments on the Consultation Paper are invited from the stakeholders by 16th September 2019. Counter comments, if any, may be submitted by 30th September 2019. Comments and counter comments will be posted on TRAI’s website www.trai.gov.in.

The comments and counter comments may be sent, preferably in electronic form to, Shri Arvind Kumar, Advisor (B&CS), Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, on the e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected].

Comments maybe sent preferably in .docx or .pdf format to the questions framed by TRAI for consultation with answers clearly marked as to which question it belongs to. One can suggest any other ideas as well.

My thought on revision, probably this can lead to price decrease, I'm not an expert though;

a) Introduce 15% cap
b) minimum price per channel Rs. 3 maximum 19 Rs., so that DPO or broadcaster can not misuse/manipulate bouquet prices by inflating prices of flagship channels and putting 10 Paisa or 50 paisa price for unwanted channels to cover 15% CAP.
c) NCF is ok and fixed it at Rs 130 otherwise will be difficult for small LCO to sustain. No extra NCF for adding channels beyond 100 channels

a) Introduce 15% cap
d) no clubbing of free and pay channels in single bouquet
e) no clubbing of SD and HD channels in single bouquet
f) if a channel is FTA, then it shall be FTA on all platforms
NCF shall be reduced at least Rs 100. If NCF @100 then LCOs still get Rs 50 as of now.

It's better to remove bouquet system. It's very confusing. There are so many bouquets and contains unnecessary channels which are increasing our channel count and cost, but our desired channel isn't there, It's very difficult to find a valuable bouquet.

All pay channels should be only on ala carte. People also can choose from MSO curated package just like before. And additional NCF should be removed. Now we can choose only 75 channel by paying Rs 130 as NCF.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock