TRAI should reduce analog customers' monthly subscription fee

sathishbabu4u said:
All we want in chennai is DAS system .. or No DAS system. Please don't implement CAS in chennai ...

Yes. I hate this CAS system. Either DAS or no DAS and not something what some channel people love to loot the peoples money.

sathishbabu4u said:
Long back (around 2000- 2001), LCOs who give cable feed by own joined to SCV and get their signal and give to the public. So that they don't bother by dish, control room etc.. just has to pay some lumpsum amt to SCV.
When SCV implemented CAS, all LCOs joined to SCV goes to CAS by default.
So it is not chennai have CAS system, the LCOs who joined to SCV have the CAS system. I heard vandalur, urapakkam areas also have SCV CAS control, where that areas are not under CMDA limit.

MSO's are not the only problem, but the LCO's are the real issue. They will control a particular area and will connect only with those who give them more money and wont allow other MSO's to enter their area by any means.

Otherwise we would have a choice to switch to any MSO by choice like DTH.

Even in this century we still have a business completely controlled like a monarchy with no choice given.

aravindan said:
Even If the new central govt comes next year, they wont change anything on this digitisation.
India's cable connection subscribers count is the 3rd largest in the world after U.S and China.
Simply the central govt and broadcasters imposing the burden of buying STB which costs Rs1000+ from the common man.
They are expecting Rs150+ average revenue per month from each subscriber which may increase to Rs250+ in the near future.
Govt & broadcasters are looking to start yielding profit by 2014. For their own profit, they are forcing indian people to invest in STBs..

Yes, 2013, 14, 15, 16 etc wont bring any changes unless Arasu really wants to and takes control or other MSO's reduce the cost.

But nothing seems possible at the moment.

Arasu is still running the same old story it started years back, don't know how longer they will keep telling "Arasu started DAS and supplying STB and LCO's can collect them".

if the upa goverment changes for the upcoming year defntly arasu cable gets das licence, will see all channels in fair price i hope....

chelsumc said:
if the upa goverment changes for the upcoming year defntly arasu cable gets das licence, will see all channels in fair price i hope....

If it changes :huh. Our TN is now living on the world "IF" :k :wall, this is our fate. :-/

I didn't think so.
MSO is the only problem.
Current MSO in chennai only implemented CAS in chennai, whereas other cities / Metros never know what mean by CAS. Metros moving towards to DAS .
As i already posted in other thread, In chromepet , SCV gone out totally, and two MSOs are in competition there. (Crytal and TCCL).
Wherever SCV moving out, other /New MSOs entering that area and competition grows there.
Wherever SCV stays , Other / New MSOs fearing to enter that area (don't know the reason, might be because of political influence).

This is the reason TRAI not giving license to ARASU, where it may also do the same and not allow other MSOs to grow .

pearlpearl said:
MSO's are not the only problem, but the LCO's are the real issue. They will control a particular area and will connect only with those who give them more money and wont allow other MSO's to enter their area by any means.

Otherwise we would have a choice to switch to any MSO by choice like DTH.

Even in this century we still have a business completely controlled like a monarchy with no choice given.

sathishbabu4u said:
I didn't think so.
MSO is the only problem.
Current MSO in chennai only implemented CAS in chennai, whereas other cities / Metros never know what mean by CAS. Metros moving towards to DAS .
As i already posted in other thread, In chromepet , SCV gone out totally, and two MSOs are in competition there. (Crytal and TCCL).
Wherever SCV moving out, other /New MSOs entering that area and competition grows there.
Wherever SCV stays , Other / New MSOs fearing to enter that area (don't know the reason, might be because of political influence).

This is the reason TRAI not giving license to ARASU, where it may also do the same and not allow other MSOs to grow .

Yes, you are right. TRAI's rule is perfectly correct and necessary, but first it has to remove monopoly and then impose these rules, instead it allows all types of monopoly and does nothing to stop it but just denies DAS license to Arasu which clearly shows that this rule is used just to control one particular company and also looks like a law created specifically to permit someone and stop another one.

sathishbabu4u said:
I didn't think so.
MSO is the only problem.

nothing will change here. just keep waiting or move to DTH. India is a huge country will corrupt politicians everyone wants to make money, this is how it will be. MSO, LCO are all biased to some policital party and this is how it will be even if 100 MSO's come.

I dont think Arasu is a monopoly.
They've been providing plenty of pay channels for Just 70 or 100Rs in rest of chennai what DTH or any MSO cant provide.
If anyone says arasu is a monopoly, I'd say that monopoly should continue on benefit of the people.:sp
Their monopoly is better than SCV.:p
Reminding you that if someone in tamilnadu want to go other than arasu, they have to pay minimum of Rs170+ (for DTH).:D
Only issue they are lags in is they dont want to start their services in chennai.:(

aravindan said:
I dont think Arasu is a monopoly.
They've been providing plenty of pay channels for Just 70 or 100Rs in rest of chennai what DTH or any MSO cant provide.
If anyone says arasu is a monopoly, I'd say that monopoly should continue on benefit of the people.:sp
Their monopoly is better than SCV.:p
Reminding you that if someone in tamilnadu want to go other than arasu, they have to pay minimum of Rs170+ (for DTH).:D
Only issue they are lags in is they dont want to start their services in chennai.:(

Yes, i would support Arasu but they just don't seem to want to start in Chennai, at-least not in 2013. :-/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock