TRAI should reduce analog customers' monthly subscription fee

Arasu is newly started. Even initially SCV looks very good, give all the popular channels in the prime bank (not only sun network). After CAS only it became monopoly.
Arasu didn't give SUN network signal for one year. (is it not monopoly), where it is able to give all other popular pay channels. (Even jaya network too in pay channel category).
If politicians enter in a business, monoploy will surely come there. Need non-politician MSO.

aravindan said:
I dont think Arasu is a monopoly.
They've been providing plenty of pay channels for Just 70 or 100Rs in rest of chennai what DTH or any MSO cant provide.
If anyone says arasu is a monopoly, I'd say that monopoly should continue on benefit of the people.:sp
Their monopoly is better than SCV.:p
Reminding you that if someone in tamilnadu want to go other than arasu, they have to pay minimum of Rs170+ (for DTH).:D
Only issue they are lags in is they dont want to start their services in chennai.:(

SCV have been doing this business for more than 15years I think..
I agree their services at the beginning (1998-2001) was simply unmatchable.
After implementing CAS in 2001, they had asked 4500-5000Rs for a single STB to watch pay channels until 3years.
Now the same SCV is not reducing STB price to TRIPLE DIGIT price whereas some MSO providing for 799Rs in other cities.
If KTV and all comes under PAY TV category means, then why not JAYATV..
I'm not supporting Jayatv but the good service at lowest price by Arasu.
First of all TRAI shouldn't be operated by politicians, then we will think about a Non politician MSO.:p

Well, every single words of TRAI is appreciable and if applied would done the best for the people, but TRAI itself wont follow it's own rules.

1: No Govt company as an MSO

- They why Prasar Bharati allowed to do DD
- also a DTH DD Direct Plus.
Both of the above are run by the central govt, then why cant Arasu be run by a state Govt?

If DD is allowed then Arasu should also be allowed.

Either everything or nothing.

2: No channels license for political persons:
- name one popular channel in TN without a political backing (except thanthi TV and a very few)

3: No MSO by Channel owners:
- Who runs the top MSO in Chennai?

4: No monopolism in cable business:
- Ok, great. What action taken so far regarding the monopolism in Chennai?

So TRAI selectively follows and ignores its own set of rules?

With the package and price i would support Arasu and may be TCCL. I dont bother a monopoly unless he is fair.

Every single MSO in the nation be it a monopoly or not offers a basic package with free channels for Rs 100 and all popular channels are available. Had SCV not removed PT and not did all the mess as per their choice i would have proffered them but no longer.

If things are left like this then the time for SCV to show only SUN networks channels wont be far off and people would have no choice but to move to some DTH for a heavy price.

I don't like monopolism in any business but would support them until its done by and for the people and ARASU seems to do this. Sun was missing in Arasu due to price reasons and now all settled and would be available unless SUN moves out. So no issues for me with Arasu and i wish the come soon though they dont seem to want to.

I wish Arasu just ignores all rules like another MSO did long back ( but not by cutting others cable) and enter areas by force or sign contact with like minded MSO's like TCCL or others who are pro arasu and offer CAS in Chennai, with All popular channels that Analogue can hold in Analogue For Rs 70 or 100 and more pay channels through STB for Rs 110 or 150..

please don't compare DD+ with MSOs..
DD+ is their for long time.. no monopoly in that till now.. (as no one using that one).
More over in DTH we have multiple choices to pick, unlike cable services

sathishbabu4u said:
please don't compare DD+ with MSOs..
DD+ is their for long time.. no monopoly in that till now.. (as no one using that one).
More over in DTH we have multiple choices to pick, unlike cable services

Yes, it's hard to monopolise DTH unless some wise Tamilian become a telecom minister and finds a brilliant idea to put his chip at the top. ;)

I hope that doesn't happen.

I'm not interested to go for even DTH..

Today only i've noticed that monthly subscription range of every DTH is hiked from [Rs150(Min pack) and Rs350(Max pack)] to [Rs170(Min pack) and Rs450(Max pack)] :angry

TV viewing become costlier in INDIA with this stupid DIGITISATION plan..:wall

aravindan said:
I'm not interested to go for even DTH..

Today only i've noticed that monthly subscription range of every DTH is hiked from [Rs150(Min pack) and Rs350(Max pack)] to [Rs170(Min pack) and Rs450(Max pack)] :angry

TV viewing become costlier in INDIA with this stupid DIGITISATION plan..:wall

Yes, with technological advancement the service is supposed to get cheaper like we have 3G and mobile call changes which used to be very high once, but this happened opposite in DAS, it has only helped people at different levels to loot peoples money in the name of technology.

In my area, digitisation expected from Dec, 2015.

Cable Wala giving around 70 channels for Rs 150 pm thats too illegally from DTH Feed!

which area r u from
among 70 channels how many r pay channels.
is it ur LCO not receiving SCV signal?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock