Breaking TRAI Suggestive Package of 100 SD channels from Rs.184

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashok Varma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 324
  • Views Views: Views 62,450
Under the current structure in TS for less than 750 per month we have all SD and HD channels of English, Hindi, and 2 regional languages. This includes Sports, News, Movies, GEC, Infotainment, and others. All new HD channels are automatically added for the aforementioned languages.

In the upcoming TRAI structure, it seems very unlikely that so many channels will be available at this cost or lesser.

I may watch a channel once a week or once a month, but I want to keep it in my pack. TRAI cannot say that a person or a household needs only 50 channels. Another weird approach is the 25 DD channels which everyone has to take, wonder who will watch so many DD channels. It needs to be seen how many urban households are satisfied with 100 FTA channels which will include 25 DD.

A better approach will be to have the upcoming packs alongside the existing packs. Over time it will be clear which is more preferred by the consumers.

New pack is yet to launch so it's unfair to compare it with ts current structure.

No where in tariff order it was mentioned that one can watch only 50 chs. Infact in ncf calculation clause they provide ncf tariff for more than 100 chs.

Dd chs are mandatory in current regime also Even 99 packs has all dd chs. Unless govt change the UPA government's law dd will always be mandatory. And going by current trends neither NDA nor UPA wants to change it.

I dont understand why should a Tamil family be forced to take DD Bangla or Odia. Stupid move by TRAI.
For calculation, each channel in the 100 list has price of Rs. 1.3. So, DPO earning 25*1.3 = Rs. 32.5 from each subscriber for channels that were previously free if you had an antenna on your rooftop. Lol.
Pre-STB days were much better
And This Is Called Digitization.🤦‍♂️

Yes, also we need to pay NCF for 2 slots for 1 HD channel.
That Means
Rs. 20 For 25 SD Channels
Rs.20 For 12.5 HD Channels

And I Will Get Half Screen Of That Last Channel.😂🤣😅

Here if Any Customer Select Only 13 HD Than Have To Pay 20+20 Rs. NCF.

And Every Time NCF📺 Reminds Me NFC📱 In My Mobile Which Is Useless To Me.

Currently i am spending 220pm(dhamal pack ts)b , looking to present condition i may want pay more100rs that means 300+ , very bad feeling . After long time entry in ddf

One Calculation In NCF

20 Rs. For 25 SD Channels
So For
130 Rs. They Need To Provide 162/163 Channels.

Currently They Give 100 Channels
That Means We 62/63 Less Channels.

Other Calculations

25 SD Channels For Rs. 20
So For 100 Channels We Have To Pay
20×4= 80 Rs. But
They Are Taking 130 Rs. (50 Rs. More)

If We Compare NCF=Basepack
& Extra NCF Slot=Addon

Than Basepack(NCF) Is Costlier Than Add On(NCF)

🤔

Last edited:
What wrong is that these DD channels will eat up 25 of the first 100 slab of channels capped at NCF Rs. 130, so we have only 75 channels to choose
It's all intentional. DD channels along with some other crap channels which are available as FTA or want to gain more viewership as free to air channels. This new rule of TRAI is only useful for those who want to watch some specific and fewer channels. For example, for me, I would avail only the following channels.
Sony Pix HD, Sony HD, HBO, &Flix HD, Star Movies HD, all Hindi Music channels which are almost for free according to the new rule, Star Sports 1 Hindi HD, Sony Ten 1 HD & Discovery Science.

As one you tube video I seen & Hear krela high court stay Trai rule For TS ,Adtv & Discovery network till Feb month because
They can't ready implement Trai Rules Next hearing This Topic 23rd Feb in kelara Hc.

Back
Top Bottom