Breaking TRAI Suggestive Package of 100 SD channels from Rs.184

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashok Varma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 324
  • Views Views: Views 62,450
What about own channels from DTH, like movie club channels from SUN. Can they include and count those channels in basic pack of 100 and collect NCF for them?

Previously pay channels price SD/HD may be around ₹35/50. At this price all the cable operators /mso/dth are given their packs ₹99- ₹400 along with pay channels and network capacity fee.
For example Airtel dth given superstar pack at ₹305 along with all paid HD channel s of Hindi entertainment , Hindi movies , sports , English movies , and music along with kids and regional channels. They given around 350 channels with 70 HD channels.
All dth are given minimum pack ₹99 only with NCF.
Regional add on may be extra.

That means earlier we have freedom to choose packs minimum amount of ₹99 and so on depending upon their requirements.

Earlier more paid channels less fee.
Now if we selected less paid channels more fee & NCF extra. What kind of freedom this is. This is a mind less thing by TRAI.

IT Seems to be TRAI officials is in hands of some private channels hands. Every decision of TRAI should be in favor of customers .
This is a big mistake like demonitisation in entertainment industry.
This big business is all based on customers. But these are all not taking customers opinion.
All in this cource, dth /cable operators are fools. They are going loose business and they come to roads . why dth/cable operators not thinking.
DTHs are spending crors to take license fee , why are going to fools like these decision s. dth s should give their previous packs and give new scheme of pack also. Give freedom to chose old/new pack to customers.
What is the meaning of paid channels. ? If we pay for that channels then adds should not be there.
If they play adds , there should be separate catogery as paid channels with adds. And their prise should not exceed of ₹3.
I hate this system.in the process of resist iam not going to recharge any more.
If customer care asks, I will tell my opinion strongly.

My suggestion pack 1.
Rs.75 (50 FTA Channels), Rs.99(75FTA Channels), Rs.125(100FTA) including all taxes and NCF,
Pay channels should be available in daily basis.

Bro,Could you please translate into english. Or just the bullet points to understand what is there in that news

Bro
In this article it mentions that
U have To Pay for those channels u want to watch
U can choose channels of your choice along with Rs 130 FTA pack

Broadcaster price mentioned
🌟 value Hindi @ Rs 49
Sony @ Rs31
Zee @Rs 45
Indiacast@ Rs 25
Disney@ Rs 10
Discovery@ Rs 8

Previously pay channels price SD/HD may be around ₹35/50. At this price all the cable operators /mso/dth are given their packs ₹99- ₹400 along with pay channels and network capacity fee.
For example Airtel dth given superstar pack at ₹305 along with all paid HD channel s of Hindi entertainment , Hindi movies , sports , English movies , and music along with kids and regional channels. They given around 350 channels with 70 HD channels.
All dth are given minimum pack ₹99 only with NCF.
Regional add on may be extra.

That means earlier we have freedom to choose packs minimum amount of ₹99 and so on depending upon their requirements.

Earlier more paid channels less fee.
Now if we selected less paid channels more fee & NCF extra. What kind of freedom this is. This is a mind less thing by TRAI.

IT Seems to be TRAI officials is in hands of some private channels hands. Every decision of TRAI should be in favor of customers .
This is a big mistake like demonitisation in entertainment industry.
This big business is all based on customers. But these are all not taking customers opinion.
All in this cource, dth /cable operators are fools. They are going loose business and they come to roads . why dth/cable operators not thinking.
DTHs are spending crors to take license fee , why are going to fools like these decision s. dth s should give their previous packs and give new scheme of pack also. Give freedom to chose old/new pack to customers.
What is the meaning of paid channels. ? If we pay for that channels then adds should not be there.
If they play adds , there should be separate catogery as paid channels with adds. And their prise should not exceed of ₹3.
I hate this system.in the process of resist iam not going to recharge any more.
If customer care asks, I will tell my opinion strongly.

If dpo can make pack under 400 by combining multiple chs which individually cost 40 each then under new regime they should be able to make make under 200 by combining all those ch as price of each ch is half of earlier 40. What's preventing them ?

Moreover you are only presenting one side of story. Look at d2h or ts. All hd chs will cost you 800.

Regarding max price of pay ch, it is already RS 15 under current regime which dpo like Airtel selling at RS 40 or ts selling at 75 like for sports. So I am not sure how you get that RS 3 limit for pay ch.

It looks like we have to pay Rs 130 for only FTA channels and if we include any other paid channels in those 100 channels then we need to pay that channel price extra, basically we have to pay Rs 130 + gst for crap FTA channels.

Last edited:
It looks like we have to pay Rs 130 for only FTA channels and if we include any other paid channels in those 100 channels then we need to pay that channel price extra, basically we have to pay Rs 130 + gst for crap FTA channels.
Due to this step by trai i have suggest a song for trai
ohh tune loot liya loot liya loot liya
ohh tune kya kiya kya kiya kya kiya

Back
Top Bottom