TRAI warns chennai MSO's for immediate termination of Analogue Cable! End of Arasu??

TRAI's warning doesn't seem to have had any effect on Chennai Analogue cable service, all channels are available with no issues and the analogue system rules the Chennai cable till today. If there is no change within the next 48 hours (1 week from the TRAI's warning) then we may expect little to no change in the current situation till the new year.

keeper said:
Can't wait to see what consequences they mean. :D

Well said... We already see what they actually meant. :D :D

Yesterday.
images

Today.
images

It will be interesting to see whether Trai actually does something & forces players to abide as current Trai has everything on its agenda other than customer interests. I think change will happen only after election & central govt overthrow.

NinadG said:
It will be interesting to see whether Trai actually does something & forces players to abide as current Trai has everything on its agenda other than customer interests. I think change will happen only after election & central govt overthrow.

Yes. Already 1 week gone and absolutely no action nor comment from TRAI so their warning looks like just to show that they too exist.

Q 3. What is a basic service tier (BST). Is it compulsory to choose the BST offered by cable operator?

A. In DAS, cable operator has to compulsorily offer a package of 100 free-to-air (FTA) channels, called Basic Service Tier(BST) at a MRP of Rs. 100/-(exclusive of taxes) per month per connection. The consumer can also choose any combination of free to air channels up to 100 channels, in lieu of the basic service tier offered by the multi-system operator at a MRP of Rs. 100/-(exclusive of taxes). While Cable operator has to offer the Basic Service Tier, it is not obligatory for consumer to subscribe to the BST

Had TRAI had some little customer interest then they would have forced the major MSO in Chennai to include the basic package so if i just want a few English Movies, Sports and News channels (FTA) then i can choose the BST package with 100 FTA channels from all genre and get all my preferred channels well within Rs 150 from the A-La-Carte.

But in Chennai DAS package starts at Rs 133.50 which is no good for English channels and the next package sky rockets at Rs 215 and the next which is the last one is at Rs 290.

Just check this list, had i got a similar one i would have selected some A-La-Carte channels and gone DAS long long back...

K7mGnEs.png

Trai is doing chennaj digitization just mischievously

Sent from my Connect-2G-2.0

me_saket said:
Trai is doing chennaj digitization just mischievously

Sent from my Connect-2G-2.0

I wonder if they are really doing anything, Nov 2012 was the deadline for Chennai DAS conversion, while they forced this on the other 3 metros they just did nothing and were silent for exactly 1 year and 11 days (11 DEC 2013)and now they are giving a warning and already 1 week gone and still 90% of Chennai under Analogue and absolutely no sign of any analogue blackout. :-/ :-/

May be on Nov/Dec 2014 they might again knock the door again followed by Nov/Dec 2015... 2016 etc. While the entire nation has one rule, Chennai/TN alone has another as some people who seems to be above the rules are ruling the cables here. :huh :huh

My LCO confirmed yes'day, analogue won't off in near soon. (at least next 6 months.)
But force is there get arasu signal. any thing it will change to arasu ...

sathishbabu4u said:
My LCO confirmed yes'day, analogue won't off in near soon. (at least next 6 months.)
But force is there get arasu signal. any thing it will change to arasu ...

I think analogue wont go off for atleast another 2.5 years i.e is till the next state election or till Arasu gets DAS license.

Good to know that Arasu will enter soon. It's good to have an MSO that can offer most channels even if it is in analogue than to stay with an MSO that doesn't move to DAS nor gives any useful channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock