Good News Upgraded to XStream Smart box

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 12,682
I have some questions, can you please clarify, so that I can buy this one.
1. Can we access OTT content without a DTH balance or active plan?
2. Can we access other OTT content after xtream subscription ends?
3. UI and quality is better or comparable to prime stick?
1. Yes.
2. Not sure yet.
3. No, Fire stick is much better.

I upgrade the airtel xstream box on 3 Nov 2019. I recharge my account 1999 through airtel payment bank and get cash back 199 and pay cash 250 to engineer. They take only my old hero HD box and adapter.
After installation box get three times reboot. For 1 day picture quality of box is bad . After second day onwards picture quality is good . Compare to my old hero hd box hd channel quality is same . Sd channel quality is increased.

Note: they give old remote to me. Most of old remote key is working for airtel xstream box.
Google home - app for mobile cast any android
mobile
Airtel remote- app used for online remote for airtel xstream box using bluetooth connectivity. Online remote is faster .

@Siva bro
I am also thinking of upgrading to XStream. I am currently using Technicolor HD HEVC box which I am satisfied for its picture & audio quality. I mainly see HD channels.
I also have a dedicated Android TV box which is extensively used for Kodi connected to my two 2 TB HDDs.

I am thinking of upgrade because...

1. UI of the XStream box mainly the channel logos, TV show & movie posters/thumbnails and graphic rich home page.
2. EPG with logos.
3. OSD.
4. Android OS's flexibility.
5. OTT and DTH in one box.

I have few doubts...
1. Is it worth over my existing box (not in terms of money) ?
2. How about the favorite channels setting?
3. Can I go back to my existing box if I ever didn't like it?
4. AQ & PQ?
5. Channels navigation ease.
6. Channel search using Google Assistant or Voice.

Any inputs in this regard are highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

@zeeya bro, please see below.

1. Is it worth over my existing box (not in terms of money) ? Except for giving the flexibility of OTT/DTH in one box, there is no real advantage of this box over your existing Android box. In fact, you will miss recording feature (Not enabled yet), original audio due to fake Dolby Digital Plus on all the content and favorites feature.
2. How about the favorite channels setting? There is no favorite navigation on the remote for this box. The only thing we can do is, add channels as favorites which in turn would show all of them under "My channels" on the home screen. No way to navigate the way we do on a regular HD box.
3. Can I go back to my existing box if I ever didn't like it? I think we can, but you might have to fight with the ADTV customer care for getting a refund into your account.
4. AQ & PQ? AQ is very bad, because they are pretending Dolby Digital Plus audio on all the content (Even stereo), but are muting 3 channels i.e. center and surrounds! This will affect the AQ severely, especially if you use a home theater. PQ is excellent though!
5. Channels navigation ease. - There was a freezing issue, which seems to have been fixed with the latest update. This is good now.
6. Channel search using Google Assistant or Voice. - It's a hit and miss. It stops working all of a sudden and we need to pair the remote again in order to make the Google Assistant work. But it works fine after re-pairing!

Let me know if you need further info.

i sold my xstream box after facing many problems like freezing , box hang , hdr issue. recharged my flextronics box , bought amazon firestick .
firestick + Hd box combo far better than android box

i sold my xstream box after facing many problems like freezing , box hang , hdr issue. recharged my flextronics box , bought amazon firestick .
firestick + Hd box combo far better than android box
Good decision...HDR issue irritating....low brightness....sound quality also poor....
But today I m notice prime video app running good ( no major blurred issue) .....one good thing for me....

@zeeya bro, please see below.

1. Is it worth over my existing box (not in terms of money) ? Except for giving the flexibility of OTT/DTH in one box, there is no real advantage of this box over your existing Android box. In fact, you will miss recording feature (Not enabled yet), original audio due to fake Dolby Digital Plus on all the content and favorites feature.
2. How about the favorite channels setting? There is no favorite navigation on the remote for this box. The only thing we can do is, add channels as favorites which in turn would show all of them under "My channels" on the home screen. No way to navigate the way we do on a regular HD box.
3. Can I go back to my existing box if I ever didn't like it? I think we can, but you might have to fight with the ADTV customer care for getting a refund into your account.
4. AQ & PQ? AQ is very bad, because they are pretending Dolby Digital Plus audio on all the content (Even stereo), but are muting 3 channels i.e. center and surrounds! This will affect the AQ severely, especially if you use a home theater. PQ is excellent though!
5. Channels navigation ease. - There was a freezing issue, which seems to have been fixed with the latest update. This is good now.
6. Channel search using Google Assistant or Voice. - It's a hit and miss. It stops working all of a sudden and we need to pair the remote again in order to make the Google Assistant work. But it works fine after re-pairing!

Let me know if you need further info.
Thanks @Siva bro for your detailed point by point explanation. I want to know about the Home Screen UI and OSD of Xstream box.

I have some questions, can you please clarify, so that I can buy this one.
1. Can we access OTT content without a DTH balance or active plan?
2. Can we access other OTT content after xtream subscription ends?
3. UI and quality is better or comparable to prime stick?
1. Very big NO
2. No
3. Not sure

Airtel DTH is brutal. When DTH subscription is not active, we can't access not even play store. The casting from mobile also blocked. They want money, money and money only.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock