Videocon d2h to launch Wi-Fi enabled smart HD STBs

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 44
  • Views: Views 10,296
Just got reply from them.

The launch has been delayed as tie up with commercial partners is still in discussion stage.

There will be only software upgrade and no change in hardware.

Will let you know once I get the demo.

this will be a great change in dth market....and videocon is trying to get in with a bang.....

ayanc99 said:
Just got reply from them.

The launch has been delayed as tie up with commercial partners is still in discussion stage.

There will be only software upgrade and no change in hardware.

Will let you know once I get the demo.
That's great. Already Tata Sky confirmed it will be enabled by software update in STB. Same d2h says. Good for customers as they don't need to buy/upgrade to new STB.

Bapun Raz said:
That's great. Already Tata Sky confirmed it will be enabled by software update in STB. Same d2h says. Good for customers as they don't need to buy/upgrade to new STB.

What! Only software changes!! That would be awesome!

However, I am not sure, how existing HD boxes would be wifi enabled thru software, without Wifi adapter!

In tatasky you have to just plug the wifi USB dongle to make it wifi enable, most STB's comes with USB port.

18138f4699ba923aa130db968e60fd64.jpg
ac10955c463039b0f7e15a4aafcbe5bb.jpg

Converting TV into Smart TV

43386e22b87c6dfd4acd5fb668acce8b.jpg
2412b9ca479532628cff4b4d98e777fe.jpg

Connecting to fb, Twitter

09f7f810d244ee0e70fa284c25d783ae.jpg

Smart connect feature app

http://www.videocond2h.com/wsc/wifi_smart_hd_set_top_box.aspx

Instead of all this they should first concentrate on Adding HD channels in which they r lacking very much.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock