Videocon d2h to launch Wi-Fi enabled smart HD STBs

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 44
  • Views: Views 10,296
What happens to Existing HD STB's
which are with Disabled Ethernet Port !?!

How are they providing 2way communication??

Uplink?? LNB need to be replaced, right??

Current set up is having only downlink.

Jerome.J said:
How are they providing 2way communication??

Uplink?? LNB need to be replaced, right??

Current set up is having only downlink.
It is working in your personal Internet bro.. So, no need of satellite. Correct me if I am wrong..

Sadiq said:
It is working in your personal Internet bro.. So, no need of satellite. Correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks brother. But d2h is providing internet independently, also tatasky. As per ad we need WiFi router separately only for wireless access, or wired connection directly from STB.

I have heard in this scenario uplink also needed.Not sure. Will study and post later.

Two way communication-Internet via DTH-Satellite internet:

The feed horn :Both receives signals reflected off the dish’s surface and transmits outbound signals back to the satellite.

Block upconverter (BUC) – This unit sits behind the feed horn and may be part of the same unit, but a larger (higher wattage) BUC could be a separate piece attached to the base of the antenna. Its job is to convert the signal from the modem to a higher frequency and amplify it before it is reflected off the dish and towards
the satellite.

Credit:Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock