Dish TV does away with HD access fee; to provide only HD STBs

avipersistent

Television Genius
Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: As part of its strategy to increase HD penetration, direct-to-home (DTH) operator Dish TV has done away with HD access fee that subscribers are required to pay for availing HD services. As part of this move, the DTH operator has launched ‘HD for All initiative’ under which it will provide popular HD channels access to all its subscribers. Dish TV also unveiled its new-generation HD set-top box (STB) called ‘DishNXT HD’. With this move, all boxes provided by Dish TV are now HD enabled to eliminate the SD/HD divide. All these efforts are aimed at empowering subscribers to enjoy and embrace HD experience. This is a further step up in customer initiatives, which the company started with the partial adoption of the TRAI tariff order. HD access for all follows the recent launch of ‘Mera Apna Pack’, which allowed customers to choose their favourite HD channel for just Rs 17 + GST. This is in line with the TRAI objective of empowering consumers and providing content as per customer choice

Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/dth/dish-tv-does-away-with-hd-access-fee-to-provide-only-hd-stbs/ | TelevisionPost.com

So They Provide By Default HD STB For Every Connection & SD Line Up Discontinue For Up Coming Years Am I Right Bro.

So, to get all 67 HD channels, one need to spend 17*67=1139+GST. Also, to get SD channels, need to pay extra.

20 rs per HD channel is for those who needs selected HD channels ..
You can gets All HD Channels with Regional Channels (Your Regional Language) at 230/- a month.. attachin it with any SD base pack of your choice.

So, to get all 67 HD channels, one need to spend 17*67=1139+GST. Also, to get SD channels, need to pay extra.
Hahah.. no not like this if someone want all hd channels there is Full on HD pack that is around 220 p.m. and and also any sd pack for sd channels

So now one can subscribe to HD packs even if they don't have the SD version right?

Ya right I think, in website showing like that only,but I was expecting to add few HD channels in every bsse pack by increasing 10 rs

So , If someone is subscribed to SD version - they get HD Version also ..
And One can also Subscribe to a single HD Channel

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock