Videocon d2h’s plan for 4K channel post World Cup

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 42
  • Views: Views 8,867
sas123 said:
Airtel has future satellite ABS-2A with lots and lots of TP.
Tata Sky is working on GSAT-10,ASIA-SAT 7&8.
But what is for D2H??? It seems till now that they don't have any future plan. Except the 4K drama..:no
Tell me if they are good then why they are not providing all the HD channels available in India??? Why??:wall :wall:wall :huh

We should not only consider the new satellite but also to consider the additional space they are going to get in the new satellite after migrating to new satellite. If the additional space is not there then the trend of adding new channels will remain same. This is applicable to all DTH.

Also if any DTH is not having replacement satellite and having plenty of spaces in current satellite they can do well. Or if they can get more space by acquiring additional TPs it is also good provided the life of the current satellite is not short.

Coming back to D2H, there is a news that two additional TPs are going to be activated from ST2 for D2H. In that case they can add more HD channels. But if they are still not adding even after getting more space I will definitely come along with your opinion.

If you ask me source for additional TP I don't have.

But can you provide source for Airtel's future satellite? How much additional space they are going to get since you are confident about the said channel addition? From when they are migrating to new satellite? Which means Airtel will add the said channels only after migration?

Regarding tatasky new satellite (whether Asia Sat or Gsat), how much additional space they are going to get since you are confident about the said channel addition?

sas123 said:
Airtel has future satellite ABS-2A with lots and lots of TP.
Tata Sky is working on GSAT-10,ASIA-SAT 7&8.
But what is for D2H??? It seems till now that they don't have any future plan. Except the 4K drama..:no
Tell me if they are good then why they are not providing all the HD channels available in India??? Why??:wall :wall:wall :huh

Just Wait And See,

Videocon Knew What They Are Doing!

I Completely Agree With Sadiq Bro!

D2h space issue is mainly due to their fund crunch. Not till the 300mn dollars comes from their us listing will they be able to do something about space and channel addition.

ayanc99 said:
D2h space issue is mainly due to their fund crunch. Not till the 300mn dollars comes from their us listing will they be able to do something about space and channel addition.
Anyway they are far behind from Dish TV. In their limited space Tata Sky also doing well. But no response from D2H side.

That's due to the fund crunch. They have twice postponed their ipo in India in the last 2 years. Three years back they were the leading hd channels provider when dish tv was providing fake hd channels!!

sas123 said:
Anyway they are far behind from Dish TV. In their limited space Tata Sky also doing well. But no response from D2H side.
Whatever the channel that's been added by tatasky are already there in D2H except HBO premium and star sports HD4. But still tatasky is having less hd channel count comparing D2H. Which means tatasky is yet to add other hd channels that are available in D2H. With this situation how can we say that tatasky is doing well..

Adding to what Sadiq said...

D2H is "Asia's most promising brand TWICE" for a reason!

Unlike Tatasky or Airtel, d2h is future proof since its inception. Launched in 2009, they always are in the forefront to adapt to the latest technology. Despite being a domestic operator, their ability to deliver 4K and 3D proves this. They are streamlining their backend with Grass Valley Play off setup which further brings down operational costs. Isn't staying ahead of times considered future proof?

If only migrating to new satellites and getting more TP space considered future proof, well d2h is smart enough to take care of the issue way back in 2011.
1. ST2 satellite launched in 2011 has a life time of 15 years. (until 2026)
2. ST2 satellite has 20 KU band TPs in K2 beam of which 10 are in use by d2h and at least 7 more TPs are free if d2h wants to acquire.
3. ST2 TPs are 54 - 60 MHz TPs which gives d2h more channels per TP compared to 36 MHz TPs used by both Tatasky and Airtel. Each d2h TP can carry 50 - 54 SD channels, 13 HD channels.
4. ST2 has the ability to realign its transponders from one beam to another. This means if needed more TPs can be aligned with K2 beam (which covers India). ST2 has a total of 41 KU band TPs of which, I'm sure many will still be free.
5. Even in the worst case ST2 has to be replaced or co-located, they can replace it at the same location. ST1 (which d2h used from 2009 - 2011) was replaced with ST2 at 88*E in 2011.

ST2 K2 Beam Transponders New Details

With D2H expansion is a matter on WHEN and not HOW

What's the situation of Tatasky and Airtel?
1. Tatasky waited for at least 2 years to get more TPs from Insat and GSat. No luck!
2. They started MPEG-4 migration to utilize existing space spending about 900 crores (more than what d2h plans to get via IPO). How is Tatasky going to recover that money.
3. Who knows how many more cores TS is going to spend on satellite migration. Doesn't more operation costs mean more burden on customers?
4. No comments about Airtel. They dont add channels even though they have 1 TP lying there idle.
All Transponder Details of Airtel Digital TV

Well, if still there is a question, why isn't d2h adding channels..
1. D2H already has more channels than TS and ADTV. Its TS and ADTV that has to catch up with D2H.
2. If D2H has to add more HD channels, same is the case with TS and ADTV.

Sadiq said:
We should not only consider the new satellite but also to consider the additional space they are going to get in the new satellite after migrating to new satellite. If the additional space is not there then the trend of adding new channels will remain same. This is applicable to all DTH.

Also if any DTH is not having replacement satellite and having plenty of spaces in current satellite they can do well. Or if they can get more space by acquiring additional TPs it is also good provided the life of the current satellite is not short.

Coming back to D2H, there is a news that two additional TPs are going to be activated from ST2 for D2H. In that case they can add more HD channels. But if they are still not adding even after getting more space I will definitely come along with your opinion.

If you ask me source for additional TP I don't have.

But can you provide source for Airtel's future satellite? How much additional space they are going to get since you are confident about the said channel addition? From when they are migrating to new satellite? Which means Airtel will add the said channels only after migration?

Regarding tatasky new satellite (whether Asia Sat or Gsat), how much additional space they are going to get since you are confident about the said channel addition?

Srikanth Bro,as you said that videocon d2h have more 7 TPs left.. then why they not activating those and not adding all existing HD channels!!! Why!!! Why!!! Why!!!:angry :angry:wall

sas123 said:
Srikanth Bro,as you said that videocon d2h have more 7 TPs left.. then why they not activating those and not adding all existing HD channels!!! Why!!! Why!!! Why!!!:angry :angry:wall

Now tell me when TS is having both GSAT10 and AS, why they are not migrating and not adding all existing HD channels!!! Why!!! Why!!! Why!!!:angry :angry:wall

Tell me when Sun Direct is having both Measat, why they are not migrating and not adding all existing HD channels!!! Why!!! Why!!! Why!!!:angry :angry:wall

all the people have said right only.
it depends on the expectation. simply sas123 is expecting more n more channels.
i m totally agree with all the people.:clap:clap:clap

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock