Videocon d2h’s plan for 4K channel post World Cup

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 42
  • Views: Views 8,872
Videocon d2h has started the year with a bang, with Nasdaq-listed Silver Eagle Acquisition Corp (SEAC) deciding to invest $300 million (Rs 1,900 crore) in it for a minority stake, valuing it at a whopping $1.2 billion.

As part of the agreement, the Indian direct-to-home TV service provider will list on Nasdaq. In exchange for the investment by SEAC, Videocon d2h will issue new stocks in the form of American depository shares.

Based in Mumbai, Videocon d2h is part of Venugopal Dhoot's $10-billion global conglomerate Videocon Group, which has interests in consumer electronics, oil & gas, power, retail and insurance.

As part of the transaction, SEAC's chief executive officer Harry Sloan and president Jeff Sagansky will join the board of the DTH company. Sloan had served as chairman and CEO of MGM in the past, while Sagansky was part of the top management of CBS and Sony Pictures.

Videocon d2h distributes about 500 digital television channels and other video and audio services to subscribers via direct satellite feeds.

Videocon d2h is the fastest-growing DTH service provider in India over the past few years and has emerged a top pay-TV company, winning several awards. The firm commenced operations in July 2009 and has since grown to a gross subscriber base of 11.8 million and a market-share of 16.5 per cent in Indian DTH as of September 30, 2014. For FY14, and the six months ended September 2014, Videocon d2h had 27.7 per cent and 26.1 per cent, respectively, of the incremental market share of the DTH subscriber base in India.

According to experts, this transaction marks a turning point for the Indian media sector.

It also puts the company on the global map; with a digitisation drive in full force for the next few years, consumers can soon expect services at par with Hollywood.

Group sources say the funds raised will be used to grow and double the DTH business in the next two years under the Videocon d2h brand. Last year, the company announced launch of 4K ultra-high definition set-top-boxes (STBs). Videocon d2h has acquired the technology to manufacture the STBs under its brand name in India.

Videocon d2h will be the first Indian DTH company to be listed on the Nasdaq and joins the club of other top Indian companies that are listed on the US exchanges. Currently, the portfolio of Indian companies listed on the exchange include banks such as ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank, information technology players Infosys and Wipro, pharmaceutical company Dr. Reddy's; film studio Eros International and travel portal MakeMyTrip.

Dish TV is the only listed DTH player in India as of now with a market cap of Rs 7,071 crore. Tata Sky, Airtel, and Reliance Digital are not listed.

Prateek Marwadi said:
rdtv is alos listed in india in the form of rcom.:tup:tup:tup
These all are excuses bro... They think we are the fools. That's why the company like Videocon D2H is fooling us again and again by 4k Drama and crappy channel additions(mostly the bhakti channels)it's very easy to add all the HD channels present in India. Just manage TP space,make deal with the broadcaster and add all HD channels. What are the legal problems here!!!!!!!!:wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :angry :angry :angry

sas123 said:
These all are excuses bro... They think we are the fools. That's why the company like Videocon D2H is fooling us again and again by 4k Drama and crappy channel additions(mostly the bhakti channels)it's very easy to add all the HD channels present in India. Just manage TP space,make deal with the broadcaster and add all HD channels. What are the legal problems here!!!!!!!!:wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :angry :angry :angry

You Just Keep On Asking Same Question!

You Mean All Other DTHs Have All HD Channels Except Videocon D2H?

I Think They Have Almost All Demanded SD Channels

Vadirocks said:
You Just Keep On Asking Same Question!

You Mean All Other DTHs Have All HD Channels Except Videocon D2H?

I Think They Have Almost All Demanded SD Channels
I am a D2H customer then why should I look at other DTHs!!!!!! I shall only compare D2H with Dish TV Because they are now No.1 in HD race. When D2H's HD channel count will raised up to 42 HD channels then I shall recognize it as a good DTH service provider. It's very easy to give excuses..:angry :angry

sas123 said:
I am a D2H customer then why should I look at other DTHs!!!!!! I shall only compare D2H with Dish TV Because they are now No.1 in HD race. When D2H's HD channel count will raised up to 42 HD channels then I shall recognize it as a good DTH service provider. It's very easy to give excuses..:angry :angry

Yup! It's Simple Logic!

It's Like They Are Utilizing Maximum Of Their TPs!

And Stands 2nd Position In HD & SD Channels Count!

Moreover They Are In 2nd Position In Tamilnadu In Adding New DTH Customers!

Finally It's Like They Will Add When Everything Comes Under Control, If Ok Continue Else Jump To Another That's It! That's The Business Strategy!

sas123 said:
Do you think making a deal with broadcaster is easy? There is a negotiation process so that both broadcaster and DTH will see some profit. That is called business.

If it is very easy to make deals then why dish tv delayed star sports hd addition?

Sadiq bro, maybe a bit out of topic, but do u have any news about the acquisition of new TPs by d2h.

ibunasym said:
Sadiq bro, maybe a bit out of topic, but do u have any news about the acquisition of new TPs by d2h.
The news was said by a technician that they are going to activate two more TPs. But he didn't confirm any date. Also, the UHD boxes are also having two empty slots for TPs. Vadirocks bro confirmed with the D2H team that it is for the additional two TPs going to be activated. But again no confirmed date.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock