Breaking W.e.f 8th March Star Network Channels will be removed from base pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont want to switch over to any other DTH.just hope the issue gets resolved asap...

Instead of dip you will see huge jump in TRP because of IPL from next month, I am not sure about how trp is measured but it is almost confirm that there is no connection between removal of ch from base pack with trp.
I was talking about the star network channels before the IPL begins. There are still about 3 weeks to go for the IPL. And channels like Star Vijay, Star Plus and other TRP hungry channels will suffer. As far as IPL in Star Sports the TRP would obviously have have a rapid rise. But it will be even more had they not messed it with Airtel considering their wide reach.

Even though largest MSO does not offer Star network, star still manage to rule top 5. and in top 5 chs 2 are from Star, and one each from Sony, Zee & Colors. This proves Star's influence
Because in west bengal many Siti cable customer activated Star jalsha, Jalsha movies Separetly in a A la carta basis, jist like my aunt house. They have siti cable. They also done same

Last edited:
I was talking about the star network channels before the IPL begins. There are still about 3 weeks to go for the IPL. And channels like Star Vijay, Star Plus and other TRP hungry channels will suffer. As far as IPL in Star Sports the TRP would obviously have have a rapid rise. But it will be even more had they not messed it with Airtel considering their wide reach.

Current IPL ad rates are 8-10 lakh per slot and with this You cannot collect Rs 4000 crore per IPL season from advertisers no matter how high your TRP is , unless you hike subscription fee.

Because in west bengal many Siti cable customer activated Star jalsha, Jalsha movies Separetly in a A la carta basis, jist like my aunt house. They have siti cable. They also done same

That's what I am saying, airtel users will pay and subscribe chs even if it is in a -la-carte, no impact on TRP

Current IPL ad rates are 8-10 lakh per slot and with this You cannot collect Rs 4000 crore per IPL season from advertisers no matter how high your TRP is , unless you hike subscription fee.
I dont knowchow much Star would charge for Ads. Although it cant match the overall amount, it is also an important revenue for them. Thats what I meant.
That's what I am saying, airtel users will pay and subscribe chs even if it is in a -la-carte, no impact on TRP
Yup I agree on this fact. If this continue till the next month, I would also be subscribing it in a la carte atleast till IPL ends. Sad but true :( Star gets TRP for IPL in either case.

Wt.f man......i installed my airtel hd yesterday and now this....

I Have Subscribed To TN MAX HD 12M And TN Superstar 12M Yearly Packs...Will Star Channels Get DeActivated From My Pack...?

The important point that everyone is missing here is that not all star channels are going to show iPL .so you can simply subscribe to one star channel and not subscribe to other channels of star .that will still bleed out star out of important revenue for them . Although the battle will be decided on how viewers of Airtel respond .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock