Discussion What are some channels you think deserves a shutdown?

SS 1 Bangla, SS 1 Marathi (it exists somewhere in the universe) - Currently excluding Tamil, Telugu & Kannada as they are performing well in the tables)
SS1 Bangla gets viewership from Bengal, Tripura and Bangladesh. So it may not be seen in top 5 sports, but is doing reasonable. That's also the reason Hostages season 2 and some other Hostar original contents have Bangla dubbed version, alongside Ta Te Ka Ma and Mr. Same case with SS1 Marathi.

I don't know why many people asking to shutdown of star regional sports channel.
Star have gave option to choice.who want to watch in their language they can subscribe that channel.
Without regional sports channel we can't watch highlights of matches in our language .with audio feeds only live match can been watched.
And many of people even don't know to change the audio feeds also.
If they shutdown regional sports channel then regional crickets who are doing discussion about game plan and pre live show will convert into dubbing artists ( with multiple audio feed channel)

Ideally, I like all SD versions of Sports and Infotainment channels to shut down, so that people watch and appreciate them in HD.
To be specific, Star Sports regional channels should shut down (not content production).
In general 80-90% of all news channels could shut down.

Murasu no chance its still a favourite channel in most of the houses in villages
Do villages in TN love to listen to old 40s/50s/60s film songs? That is all that Murasu shows.

Don't know why Kalaignar never started a movie channel since they wanted to give competition to Sun in every other department, even kids and comedy, which hardly any other network touches.

It's left vs right debate. Some will prefer NDTV's views. Some will hate Zee News' views.

Couldn't be more wrong. It has an audience who it is keeping informed or let's say entertaining. Unlike some channels discussed here which serves no purpose here.
I see a bad news for left ideology news channels. I don't think there will be any "left " channels left before 2023.
- NDTv channels gonna be under the clutch of money laundering case
- India Today might go for suspension if TRP scam proves TV today involvement in that ( since they have already paid 5lakh fine in July once ,also people are filing case against it in SEBI for not disclosing it to NSE)
- Rohit Sardana, Anjana kashyap has good hold on viewership. According to my information, they have been continuously approached to come out of AajTak and to new open new channel.. so there is a chance..its a matter of time.

It's left vs right debate. Some will prefer NDTV's views. Some will hate Zee News' views.

Couldn't be more wrong. It has an audience who it is keeping informed or let's say entertaining. Unlike some channels discussed here which serves no purpose here.

I adore your innocence. Its the target audience like yourself, that news channels exploit the most.
For real news, you shud start watching youtube channels, like Dhruv Rathi !! Search him on youtube, and you'll get d shock of your life !

I particularly don't see the use of regional sports channels. A single channel can cater multi-lingual feed. Pre-match & Post-match shows can be broadcast on any of the regional GECs owned by the network and I think majority of the viewers can easily do away with these shows. Even highlights can be on a single channel just like Nat Geo.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock