What is the default Home Frequency of DishTV?

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys

I'm confused about DishTV Home Frequency. I use Tata Sky connection but I had an old Dish TV STB as well.

Today I switched on DishTV STB and connected it to my TV. Obviously it showed VC deactivated. I recharged my account but it started showing No signal found message.

When I checked Home Frequency using 9523 trick, I found it was set to:

12688 V 27500 for NSS 6

I changed it to:

12170 H 40700 for SES 8

as mentioned in following thread:

Link Removed

And it started showing signals and everything started working fine.

Now I'm confused which Home Frequency is correct and should be used in DishTV STB and how did the Home Frequency change in my STB?

Also I have read in this forum that there are more Home Frequencies to watch channels from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc.

So which Home Frequency should a DishTV user use? Which is the default Home Frequency of DishTV STB?

Thanks in advance.

Default home frequency for dishtv india is 12688 v 27500. You should keep this frequency to get channels and software updates from dishtv India.

12170 h 40700 home frequency is only used to get 22 more dishtv SriLanka channels in your stb. Warning your dishtv will get hanged many times while scrolling channels up and down after using this frequency.

^^ Thanks. If we use the other 12170 frequency, will we get all channels from 12688 frequency along with extra 22 channels?

Also I found another 12110 frequency mentioned in this forum.

PS: Why 12688 showing no signal but 12110 and 12170 are working fine for me?

First check whether you are getting signals from home frequency 12688, then you can keep 12170 as home transponder to get signal from both dishtv India and SriLanka at same time.

Currently dishtv India has 21 transponders including new 12110 and dishtv SriLanka has 22 transponders including 12170

DTH Fan said:
Guys

I'm confused about DishTV Home Frequency. I use Tata Sky connection but I had an old Dish TV STB as well.

Today I switched on DishTV STB and connected it to my TV. Obviously it showed VC deactivated. I recharged my account but it started showing No signal found message.

When I checked Home Frequency using 9523 trick, I found it was set to:

12688 V 27500 for NSS 6

I changed it to:

12170 H 40700 for SES 8

as mentioned in following thread:

Link Removed

And it started showing signals and everything started working fine.

Now I'm confused which Home Frequency is correct and should be used in DishTV STB and how did the Home Frequency change in my STB?

Also I have read in this forum that there are more Home Frequencies to watch channels from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc.

So which Home Frequency should a DishTV user use? Which is the default Home Frequency of DishTV STB?

Thanks in advance.
what is 9523 trick?

^^ When you are on transponder setup screen, press 9523 and it'll allow you to modify home frequency.

DTH Fan said:
^^ When you are on transponder setup screen, press 9523 and it'll allow you to modify home frequency.
thanks brother.when i modify home frep to 12170 can i get dishtv channels+lanka tps+free dish channels?now my card is deactivated.using zenega cd 100is stb is it support hd channels/mpeg4?can i use as fta stb?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock