Whether DVB-T can replace cable TV?

Satvijay said:
Good update, any idea why is terrestrial broadcasting restricted to govt and not to private players? In srilanka i have seen few tamil channels aired in UHF band by private players but not in india, is it somthing govt policy in india is like that or soemthing else?

:no:no:no no bro, private sector allowed in terrestrial broadcast by the Govt. long back... but the catch is TRAI mandates that a terrestrial broadcaster should not have any FDI (means 100% indian) and should provide FTA OTA signals along with pay services... maybe thats why they are not interested.... but this was a old proposal not sure whether it applies today as govt. allows FDI in all dept. now

Satvijay said:
one more question.. i have seen HD transmissions in USA through terrestrial mode, any idea how that works?? i was there for a short duration was not able to explore more on that setup.may be you can throw some light

DVB-T is a digital broadcast, hence HD channels are possible bro... DVB-T2 is best suited for HD broadcast..... not only US, many countries provide HD channels on DTT.... FreeView UK is a best example for that, it offers many HD channels on DTT and its a FTA service :eek:hya

if you are wondering how HD channels are possible in terrestrial, just an info, recently Japan tested 4K-UHDTV broadcast over DTT.... ;)

mmadhankumar said:
Satvijay said:
Good update, any idea why is terrestrial broadcasting restricted to govt and not to private players? In srilanka i have seen few tamil channels aired in UHF band by private players but not in india, is it somthing govt policy in india is like that or soemthing else?

:no:no:no no bro, private sector allowed in terrestrial broadcast by the Govt. long back... but the catch is TRAI mandates that a terrestrial broadcaster should not have any FDI (means 100% indian) and should provide FTA OTA signals along with pay services... maybe thats why they are not interested.... but this was a old proposal not sure whether it applies today as govt. allows FDI in all dept. now

Satvijay said:
one more question.. i have seen HD transmissions in USA through terrestrial mode, any idea how that works?? i was there for a short duration was not able to explore more on that setup.may be you can throw some light

DVB-T is a digital broadcast, hence HD channels are possible bro... DVB-T2 is best suited for HD broadcast..... not only US, many countries provide HD channels on DTT.... FreeView UK is a best example for that, it offers many HD channels on DTT and its a FTA service :eek:hya

if you are wondering how HD channels are possible in terrestrial, just an info, recently Japan tested 4K-UHDTV broadcast over DTT.... ;)

many thanks... gave rep

its possible

but to make sucesfull broadcaster has to set up new infrastructure or use dd exiting.

also cost of STB will also be their

and force form mso and lco as, it will put thier biz into danger

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock