Discussion Whether Star is planning to sell Vijay TV?

• Thread starter Nithish
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 71
  • Views: Views 11,337
Please anyone verify that this is true or fake?
It's fake. Now Asianet, Vijay TV, Star Suvarna Channels parent Company Asianet Star Communications Merged with Star India. Asianet Star Communications officially Amalgamated, you can see same in MIB website these channels licences under SIPL and company profile in other third party websites.

For those who say it is fake.Kindly check this. Official Article was published in Times of India a month ago. Now the deal has come to its end point with 3 leading companies came up for the competition to buy. Most ptobably it is expected to change on to the hands of So called Business Giant Ambani's JIO.

For those who say it is fake.Kindly check this. Official Article was published in Times of India a month ago. Now the deal has come to its end point with 3 leading companies came up for the competition to buy. Most ptobably it is expected to change on to the hands of So called Business Giant Ambani's JIO.

Cant say this now itself. But its almost at end. Disney will handover vijay tv assets to jio /viacom18 as per internal reports.
But all these are not yet confirmed and are subjected to approvals.
"I" heard vijay tv properties are being sold to nearly 800 crores which includes movie and serial assets of hotstar.

Again unconfirmed. But this is good if disney is doing. Instead of selling whole star, they can sell one by one to maximize profit

Cant say this now itself. But its almost at end. Disney will handover vijay tv assets to jio /viacom18 as per internal reports.
But all these are not yet confirmed and are subjected to approvals.
"I" heard vijay tv properties are being sold to nearly 800 crores which includes movie and serial assets of hotstar.

Again unconfirmed. But this is good if disney is doing. Instead of selling whole star, they can sell one by one to maximize profit
Jio is Telecom company and their parent already own Viacom18 broadcasting company have Colors Tamil, they will not buy soap opera serials airing channel. Again Nobody ready to sale market leader competitor.
800 crores is big bundle, nowadays anyone can copy serials and depends on how you Executive the serial. Even most of serials/movies have producers, they are not Joker sale content for lifetime and once content rights expire platforms removes contens. Coming to movies Vijay TV doesn't have huge/popular movie library like what Sun, Raj TV, Jaya TV, Kalaignar have Rajinikanth, Vijay, Ajith movies. iironically Vijay TV currently doesn't have not a single movie of Ajith.

Again unconfirmed.
Movie airing have big market in TN market, If media industry people interested on movie library, they will trying to Acquire or sign syndication deal with channels like Raj TV, Sun TV, Kalaignar, Jaya TV. not Vijay TV and Zee Tamil.

Jio is Telecom company and their parent already own Viacom18 broadcasting company have Colors Tamil, they will not buy soap opera serials airing channel. Again Nobody ready to sale market leader competitor.
Where are you in the world? Lol by your reply. It is not a matter for Jio to have extra channel in Tamil even if they have some stake already present. Say for Eg. If Jio gets Star Vijay they will rebrand it with name of Colors brand, (ie Colors Tamil) and can also rename existing channel as Colors Tamil Cinema or Sports 18 Tamil.

Moreover Colors Tamil also is waiting for something to launch their shows. They didnt start any serials for the past 8 months. Till now they filled the channel with few dubbing (old shows) and rest full of movies. I believe that if Jio gets Star Vijay , it will be most probably the Channel comes under Colors franchise only. So no doubt in that. We have to wait for few more days to see the results.

As many discussed, I too heard that deal was closed with Ambani nearly 1000 crore(not approximate). Yet to announce officially.

Last edited:

800 crores is big bundle, nowadays anyone can copy serials and depends on how you Executive the serial. Even most of serials/movies have producers, they are not Joker sale content for lifetime and once content rights expire platforms removes contens. Coming to movies Vijay TV doesn't have huge/popular movie library like what Sun, Raj TV, Jaya TV, Kalaignar have Rajinikanth, Vijay, Ajith movies. iironically Vijay TV currently doesn't have not a single movie of Ajith.

Movie airing have big market in TN market, If media industry people interested on movie library, they will trying to Acquire or sign syndication deal with channels like Raj TV, Sun TV, Kalaignar, Jaya TV. not Vijay TV and Zee Tamil.
No company likes to sell their highly profited channel. It is their serious situation to sell some TV assets to withstand the loss made by Hostar. Also buyers won't get channels like CRAP/flop. That doesnt worth too.

Last edited:
Ohhhhh Huge Discussions,

Below News Only Became Like This, Because Of Some id*otic Journalists,

Where are you in the world? Lol by your reply. It is not a matter for Jio to have extra channel in Tamil even if they have some stake already present. Say for Eg. If Jio gets Star Vijay they will rebrand it with name of Colors brand, (ie Colors Tamil) and can also rename existing channel as Colors Tamil Cinema or Sports 18 Tamil.

Moreover Colors Tamil also is waiting for something to launch their shows. They didnt start any serials for the past 8 months. Till now they filled the channel with few dubbing (old shows) and rest full of movies. I believe that if Jio gets Star Vijay , it will be most probably the Channel comes under Colors franchise only. So no doubt in that. We have to wait for few more days to see the results.

As many discussed, I too heard that deal was closed with Ambani nearly 1000 crore(not approximate). Yet to announce officially.
No company likes to sell their highly profited channel. It is their serious situation to sell some TV assets to withstand the loss made by Hostar. Also buyers won't get channels like CRAP/flop. That doesnt worth too.
I heard that they're not appointed anyone or Sale channel, only heard about Sports/Streaming sale/Jv from their channels source.
Ambani's Viacom18 looking for exit from TN Gec Market, except Sports and Streaming in TN market. Even their one of the strategic Investor and Head planned to kill TV, your expecting acquisition of channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock