Why DishTV Use Pathetic HD+ Set Top Box?

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Here is my observation:

I found Dish TV the best in adding new channels. It has almost all channels and 99% DishTV is the first to add new channels. Picture quality is also great.

But DishTV HD+ set top box is pathetic. If you compare it to other DTH, it comes nowhere. Tata Sky and Airtel HD+ set top box are great. Videocon HD+ set top box is also good but Dish TV HD+ set top box is worst.

It doesnt support series recording which is a must have feature. It doesnt allow to watch one and record one channel. Sometimes it doesnt record scheduled TV shows. Also it doesnt come with built-in hard disk. The bundled 4GB pen drive gets full if you record a single movie. You need to attach external USB HDD if you want to record a lot stuff.

I wonder why Dish TV doesnt launch new set top box for HD+ similar to Tata Sky and Airtel DTH. If they launch it, DishTV will become the best DTH IMO.

Do you guys know why are they using so cheap set top box for HD+? Are they planning to introduce some decent quality set top box in future?

I am also waiting of Dishtv Internal HD DVR STB n Really dishtru HD+ recorder is usesless.

Not to expect too Mich from dish DVR if launch after pathetic quality of HD stb and poor ui

Sent from my Connect-2G-2.0

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock