will a full HD LED TV improve SD connection clarity?

thilalangadi

Reaction score
Hi,

Will a full HD LED TV improve a normal SD connection clarity? in other terms if we have upgrade our TV to latest LED (40" or higher) supporting full HD, will the SD connection be better than before or we still need to subcribe for HD ?

Note - Iam a d2h SD user, recently upgraded my TV to 46" full HD TV Sony, but find the clarity of SD to be poor, just want your inputs before deciding on HD

PQ of SD channels will always be poor on these flat panel TV(whatever technology you choose) as Flat panel TV has more pixel(720 or 1080) than sd feed(576) so it required HD feed . For SD to provide best PQ you need CRT TV as both have same pixel.
So the point is you need to subscribe HD channels to get best PQ.

thnks! since i have already paid for this SD till this month end, will change to HD towards month end.

another quick question, technically is there any diff between PQ of HD (local cable guy Vs dth providers) ?

dipayan said:
PQ of SD channels will always be poor on these flat panel TV(whatever technology you choose) as Flat panel TV has more pixel(720 or 1080) than sd feed(576) so it required HD feed . For SD to provide best PQ you need CRT TV as both have same pixel.
So the point is you need to subscribe HD channels to get best PQ.

Re: RE: will a full HD LED TV improve SD connection clarity?

thilalangadi said:
thnks! since i have already paid for this SD till this month end, will change to HD towards month end.

another quick question will PQ of HD from local cable guy be different than HD from dth providers or both are same ?

In theory digital cable should provide same PQ of DTH. But here I see DTH PQ is better compared to Digital cable. That is my personal experience. But don't know why?

thilalangadi said:

another quick question will PQ of HD from local cable guy be different than HD from dth providers or both are same ?

You got answer for one question....and for the other:I have seen :hd connections of local cable operators with quality almost same and below to DTH:hd ..... it depends on your location and reputation of operator.....

Some addition to answer of qn1:
*HD connection is a must on this 46" full HD TV
*Take some time and understand the basics of lcd/led tv settings from google......and then peak your settings for optimum picture quality......I took 1 week to make the led tv settings of mine optimum with d2h.....If settings are not correct both sd/hd quality will not look great........especially peaking the settings is important in sd......

dipayan said:
In theory digital cable should provide same PQ of DTH. But here I see DTH PQ is better compared to Digital cable. That is my personal experience. But don't know why?

It is due to digital cable passes long distance through cable

But it is not analog waveform. Error correction bit is also transmitted. So there should be no difference in PQ. By the way DTH signal travel more distance(72000 km approximately) compared to Digital cable

dipayan said:
But it is not analog waveform. Error correction bit is also transmitted. So there should be no difference in PQ. By the way DTH signal travel more distance(72000 km approximately) compared to Digital cable

Ya...dth signal arrives at our home after traveling 1,44,000KM for 2 up link and 2down link through air...from broadcaster side in c band and from dth side in ku band (up link may be in C band)....digital video broadcasting technology helps them to provide better transmission....so distance is not the problem......some local cable operators provide good hd quality similar to dth........depends mainly on their hardware used at transmitting station.....Unlike dth, some local operators have less customer base so less investment.....in turn lack of high end hardware.......

hey, thanks4 ur reply, I will google search it, meanwhile if you can share some inputs pm me, tat would be gr8 !

Jerome.J said:
You got answer for one question....and for the other:I have seen :hd connections of local cable operators with quality almost same and below to DTH:hd ..... it depends on your location and reputation of operator.....

Some addition to answer of qn1:
*HD connection is a must on this 46" full HD TV
*Take some time and understand the basics of lcd/led tv settings from google......and then peak your settings for optimum picture quality......I took 1 week to make the led tv settings of mine optimum with d2h.....If settings are not correct both sd/hd quality will not look great........especially peaking the settings is important in sd......

Still if you want to use SD for your TV then use 4:3 format or pillerbox setting for best picture.
Check if you can calibrate your HDTV....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock