DDF Exclusive ZEE Picchar, ZEE Thirai, Zee Punjabi and Investigation Discovery among 30 name change approvals

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 159
  • Views: Views 29,529
Why do channels categorised as News or Non News? It should be as General Entertainment, Infotainment, Movies, Music. Etc.

I think Zee Thirai and Pichchar will be in SD only, like Zee Bangla Cinema. Viacom18 movie channels (Colors Kannada, Bangla and Gujarati Cinema) are all only in SD.
  • Udaya Movies has recently started broadcasting everything in 16:9 format, even the old movies. The speculated Udaya Movies HD which was planned, might be coming soon.
  • Colors Kannada Cinema HD will be launched after the launch phase of all their other Cinema channels is completed; as per my source.
  • Zee has adopted a uniform strategy with south channels and will be launching HD channels for their movie channels in Kannada and Tamil (confirmed from a very highly believable source of mine).
  • Star Suvarna Plus is more of a "confused channel" than a "movie channel"; it was launched as a "second GEC" and now nobody inside Star knows what to do with the channel. It sometimes is a movie channel, sometimes a music channel, sometimes a backup channel for star sports kannada, sometimes b-grade movie channel. A source of mine had said a year ago that there have been no plans/discussions on launching HD for SSP. However, for a few days in last two weeks, randomly, the channel had a 16:9 broadcast and had a smaller logo for sometime. (Don't know how many have noticed this.) Another source of mine from Star Sports 1 Kannada hinted yesterday about a possible re-branding of SSP in near future and stopped himself from giving out more info.

Why Zee has so many hindi movie channels?

Zee cinema
Zee anmol cinema
Zee classic
Zee action
Zee bollywood
Zand pictures

Most of them broadcasts garbage movies. Maximum 4 is okay. 2 premium and 2 regular. (My opinion)
They should launch Zee Travelz. I want to see the world.

Zee has adopted a uniform strategy with south channels and will be launching HD channels for their movie channels in Kannada and Tamil (confirmed from a very highly believable source of mine).
That means only Zee Bangla Cinema will not be in HD among all Zee regional movie channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock