DDF Exclusive ZEE Picchar, ZEE Thirai, Zee Punjabi and Investigation Discovery among 30 name change approvals

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 159
  • Views: Views 29,327
Non-news channels are not allowed to air news programming at any time. News channels may mix news and non-news programming.

Are you sure bro? Most of the tamil entertainment channels including sun TV telecast 30 minutes news daily on thier prime time

Are you sure bro? Most of the tamil entertainment channels including sun TV telecast 30 minutes news daily on thier prime time
I know that Sun TV and ETV show daily news, but they cannot show more than a specific limit since they are non-news channels. News channels that show a large amount of non-news programming are mostly Malayalam channels like Jeevan, Jaihind and Janam. Also, Saam TV in Marathi was a GEC before but now it is a news channel.

Sun and ETV are the only big networks left that show news on their GECs. Other smaller GECs also show news such as all the Tamil party mouthpiece channels as well as Aakash Aath in Bangla and Kasthuri in Kannada.

Last edited:
I know that Sun TV and ETV show daily news, but they cannot show more than a specific limit since they are non-news channels. News channels that show a large amount of non-news programming are mostly Malayalam channels like Jeevan, Jaihind and Janam. Also, Saam TV in Marathi was a GEC before but now it is a news channel.

Sun and ETV are the only big networks left that show news on their GECs. Other smaller GECs also show news such as all the Tamil party mouthpiece channels as well as Aakash Aath in Bangla and Kasthuri in Kannada.
zee tamil was airing news during its launch. it was advertised primarily for its news lol
but it became a pure gec within two years

If I'm not wrong, Sun TV, Kalaingar, makkal, Polimer TV, and many others are registered as News. That's why they are forced to telecast news.

Few years back I remember watching news in early morning slot either on sun music or isaiaruvi

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock