Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views Views: Views 310,247
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kannada audience waited for long time for entry of big network. 5years
JQYvgW1.jpg
This deal about Merge, not buying entire network

Correct me if I am wrong.

Sony TV, Sab, Max etc & all Sony sports channels are still 100% owned by Sony and Zee has no Share in them.

But Sony has 50+% shares in Zee Channels.

So there will be no impact on current Sony Channels but we may see changes in Zee Channels (like Zee tv, & tv etc)

Source

Mr Jalan talks about the contradictions part of the proposed deal.

Chinese investors who hold 18 percentage of Zeel will be reduced to 9 percent post-deal. Big win for Punit Goenka.

Nevertheless, Jalan feels that this is a deal between Goenka and Sony and the latter has to negotiate with the dissenting shareholders for the successful execution of the deal.

Few days ago I was about to start a thread to discuss if the movies are shared between zee and sony when malamaal weekly was shown in sony max 2 and just after 2 days in zee anmol cinema which indicated they had already started sharing movies..today I saw this thread both are merged! Good for both..

On a side note despite big claims by the broadcaster like we have huge library , higher channels etc but none of them has a hindi music channel neither in sd or HD😕🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom