Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views Views: Views 310,247
Status
Not open for further replies.
only one sad thing zee tv was one of Indian owned with pan india presence now only ETV and sun tv group and regional channels of small or medium size cos are remaining indian owned tv channels with presence in more than one region . now even zee would be foreign owned though in joined entity they retain 49% and promoter have option to raise share from 4% to 20% gradually. majority 51 to 52% by Sony after they put heir infusion amount. overall its good -frankly i want them to retain sony sab and sony gec shows content strategy compared with zee tv's gec shows strategy .

Sony can make better content shows for other zee regional channels or launch their own new channel their with in odia , punjabi , tamil , kannada , malayalam , telugu , and even launch north east indian channel

Even in hindi GEC genre SAB, Sony & Zee Tv doesn't overlap. Sony is more famous for reality shows, Sab is more about family oriented/comedy shows and Zee tv is more about women centric shows.

And tv is still searching right audience for itself but I don't think they need 4th GEC when they have 3 well performing GEC.

Can we expect content more Asian and Korean content? They should reinvent niche channel segment. Bring channels for Asian Music and Series. They should also start anime centric channels. Even an International music channel is required. They will have too many English movie channel. They can revamp some channels.

Found this on twitter
ngRNT2o.jpg

Expecting more regional Channels from ZEE-Sony!

They should launch new regional channels under Zee Brand!
Zee is already present in many Big/Small Regional Markets atleast for GEC & Movies (which is not case with Star, viacom).
I am expecting separate Sports channel from Sony for most of Regional languages also Music channels in regional languages.
Other channels are not needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom