Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views Views: Views 310,247
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ac0tNqt.png

Something that I haven’t understood is why news articles keep saying that SPN is going to bring in gaming and sports channels. To my knowledge, gaming means e-sports channels which we don’t have in India currently.

Something that I haven’t understood is why news articles keep saying that SPN is going to bring in gaming and sports channels. To my knowledge, gaming means e-sports channels which we don’t have in India currently.
Few articles are rubbish. I have come across few which states that zee and Sony complement each other as the former brings news and regional channels, and latter sports. They got the fundamental factuality that Zee media is a different entity and not a part of this deal wrong. 😆

Highlights
1. Focus will be on sports
2. Instead of closing overlapping channels they'll look to expand growth of channels as each channel has own viewer base.
3.Zee and Sony as a brand has core strengths and loyalty. No merge of any sort as a brand will happen. But that's not stopping them from creating third brand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom