Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views Views: Views 310,382
Status
Not open for further replies.
its zee marathi and zee yuva shutting down
Zee yuva+Zee marathi market share is not evn upto 20% plus in article they had clearly stated that "One Major GEC with 20-30% market share will shutdown" , they never said 2 GECs.

So i dont think ZY-ZM will shutdown.

I had done some rough calculations on the basis of BARC rural+urban viewership data amd this is what i got

Zee bangla - Market share 31% ✅

Zee telugu - Market share 25% ✅

Zee marathi - market share 15% ❌

Zee kannada - Market share 37% ❌

Zee tv - Market share 17% ❌

Zee tamil - Market share 15% ❌

(Zee bnagla is strong camdidate but if u only consider urban market share then they get it upto 35% as ZB is quite weak in rural areas compared urban areas)

According to my calculations Zee tv's market share is 17% but from linked in post it is actually 14.6% means u can adjust -+2-3% in rough calculation.

2cazmFp.jpg

Last edited:
Yes zee Sony together account to 50% of market share. It's confirmed zee will shut down it's Marathi GEC and yuva.

I agree with your points here, ideally they should close some channels from marathi market only.

In hindi sector (GEC/Movie/sports) sony+zee market share counts upto 45% which is too much so is there any chance that they will shutdown some main channels from hindi sector??

Zee yuva+Zee marathi market share is not evn upto 20% plus in article they had clearly stated that "One Major GEC with 20-30% market share will shutdown" , they never said 2 GECs.

So i dont think ZY-ZM will shutdown.

I had done some rough calculations on the basis of BARC rural+urban viewership data amd this is what i got

Zee bangla - Market share 31% ✅

Zee telugu - Market share 25% ✅

Zee marathi - market share 15% ❌

Zee kannada - Market share 37% ❌

Zee tv - Market share 17% ❌

Zee tamil - Market share 15% ❌

(Zee bnagla is strong camdidate but if u only consider urban market share then they get it upto 35% as ZB is quite weak in rural areas compared urban areas)

According to my calculations Zee tv's market share is 17% but from linked in post it is actually 14.6% means u can adjust -+2-3% in rough calculation.

2cazmFp.jpg
We should look in perspective of merged entity share not in terms of zee as a standalone. Zee Bangla and Sony aath don't cross 30%

Old time Zee Marathi (former Zee Alpha) like a legend in Marathi entertainment world known for many great title track of tv program & few quality content but earlier like nothing. Now other network Marathi channel ruling.

We should look in perspective of merged entity share not in terms of zee as a standalone. Zee Bangla and Sony aath don't cross 30%
I get ur point plus i also agree with your statement that Zee-sony must have count upto 45%+ market share in marathi sector with channels such as ZM, ZY, Zee talkies, Zee Chintramandir, Sony marathi.
So ideally they should close ZM & one more channel so their viewership share in marathi market will falls down below 40%.

Its just the article which stated that "On Friday, Zee offered to shut down a major general entertainment channel, with a massive 20-30% market share in the general entertainment channel space, in a submission to the Competition Commission of India (CCI), two people with direct knowledge of the development said on the condition of anonymity."

thats why i doubted ZM+ZY will shutdown, as i dont think their market share is upto 20%.

Is Star Plus making a fool out of us with this pie chart? Star Plus’s share is written as 26.9% but it looks much closer to 40%. Sony Sab at 18.8% appears to be much bigger than Colors at 18.4% whereas it should be almost the same. Whoever designed this must not have been able to answer any pie-chart-related question in their school Maths exams for sure!

Is Star Plus making a fool out of us with this pie chart? Star Plus’s share is written as 26.9% but it looks much closer to 40%. Sony Sab at 18.8% appears to be much bigger than Colors at 18.4% whereas it should be almost the same. Whoever designed this must not have been able to answer any pie-chart-related question in their school Maths exams for sure!
Sony sab one clearly looks like 25%, its one fourth of whole circle whereas colors one looks like 12-13%.

I had noticed star admins evn make mistakes in making bar chart presentation for star pravah.

NEW UPDATE :

"Both ZEE and Sony have offered concessions to the CCI," one of them said. "There are a few markets, including Hindi entertainment and a few regional ones, where their combined share will be more than the 40% threshold. Last week they offered remedies, which included shutting down channel(s) to ensure there is no unfair dominance in one market," the person said.

Between ZEE and Culver Max, they own three flagship Hindi general entertainment channels - Zee TV, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) and Sony SAB. They also own &TV, Sony Pal, and Zee Anmol in the same genre. Similarly, in Hindi movies, the channels include Zee Cinema, Sony Max, &Pictures, Sony Max 2, Sony Wah, Zee Anmol Cinema, Zee Action, Zee Classic, and Zee Bollywood.

"For both ZEE and Sony, the merger is more important than keeping or letting go of one or two channels," the second person cited above said.

@JollyLNB @Aksgr

Sony sab one clearly looks like 25%, its one fourth of whole circle whereas colors one looks like 12-13%.

I had noticed star admins evn make mistakes in making bar chart presentation for star pravah.
It's not mistake, it is deliberately done, one can generate pie chart & other charts very easily, there are so many tools available, both free & paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom