Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views Views: Views 310,062
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zee offered to shut down a major general entertainment channel with a massive 20-30% market share in the general entertainment channel space in a submission to the Competition Commission of India (CCI)
its zee marathi and zee yuva shutting down

if merge successfully happens then more Zee and Sony channels like & Brand, wah, yay, Zee Action, zest follow shutdown for new Sony/Zee entity. Sony already destroyed Sony Mix and Sony Rox HD music channels now they are looking on remaining Zee's only youth/music channel Zing.
Merger always looking good in paper work, but reality is it's destroying Both Zee and Sony network legacy for new entity.

It won’t be a surprise if Zee Yuva or even Sony Marathi is shut down as per what @Aksgr bro is saying. Zee has way too many Marathi channels. I don’t understand why they had to launch Zee Chitramandir only for DDFD audiences when they could use one of the existing channels.

As I pointed out in my article on Zee Vajwa’s shutdown back in March:

In fact, Zee also has a Marathi channel called Zee Yuva, which specifically is named after youth and was launched in August 2016 as a secondary entertainment channel to complement the flagship Zee Marathi. However, it quickly lost its way and today shows a random assortment of movies and TV shows. Zee Yuva certainly looks like one channel too many in the broadcaster’s Marathi portfolio, which otherwise consists of the flagship GEC Zee Marathi, the movie channel Zee Talkies and another movie channel, Zee Chitramandir, that was exclusively launched for DD Free Dish. With Sony Marathi also joining the groupfollowing the Zee-Sony merger, Zee took the decision to eliminate a Marathi channel as there were too many to deal with (not counting the news channel Zee 24 Taas, which is run separately by Zee Media Corporation). But it has chosen the wrong one.

It makes no sense why the broadcaster did not put the long-suffering Zing and Zee Yuva out of their misery, but instead pulled the plug on Zee Vajwa, which had a bright future ahead that was clearly demonstrated by its social media reach.

It won’t be a surprise if Zee Yuva or even Sony Marathi is shut down as per what @Aksgr bro is saying. Zee has way too many Marathi channels. I don’t understand why they had to launch Zee Chitramandir only for DDFD audiences when they could use one of the existing channels.

As I pointed out in my article on Zee Vajwa’s shutdown back in March:

Yes zee Sony together account to 50% of market share. It's confirmed zee will shut down it's Marathi GEC and yuva.

Yes zee Sony together account to 50% of market share. It's confirmed zee will shut down it's Marathi GEC and yuva.
Is Zee can shutdown some of its Hindi channels as market share will be high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom