Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views: Views 303,837
Status
Not open for further replies.
No only channel to be sold not content. And I still don't understand why they are saying not to sell it to Disney star or Viacom. How will it effect the competition just having a channel.
Zee should sell big network instead of only channel those contents aren't useful for them. So that would be a great offer to 3rd ring parties
If it goes to star or Viacom, it's going from one big fish to other and that's what they don't want.

They already converted Big ganga to Zee ganga so only big magic left in all which is still an outlier considering they already have Sony pal and Zee anmol. Anyway Zee action never had it's own identity like Zee classic or Zee Bollywood. Sure Zee classic is going away but they have it's counterpart Sony Max2.

I feel this could be good opportunity for network like dangal to buy them.

The article clearly says Star India Pvt. Ltd. (now Disney-Star) and Viacom 18 Networks Limited cannot buy these channels.

So that means there are a number of possible candidates. Some of them could be (in my opinion, assumption, whatever you would like to call it) :

Note: Some candidates are marked in bold red to show the high possibility of the candidate. Also, I have not included regional candidates like Sun TV, Ushodaya Enterprises Limited (ETV), Media Worldwide, etc.
  1. In10 media - owners of Epic TV, Ishara TV.
  2. Enterr10 Network - owners of Enterr10 brand of channels and also Dangal TV, Fakt Marathi.
  3. Sri Adhikari Brothers - owners of Dabang TV, Maiboli TV, and Mastiii music channel. (Sri Adhikari Brothers were the original owners of SAB TV before CME acquired it. Later they launched Mi Marathi which was a disaster).
  4. Shemaroo Group - owners of Shemaroo Umang and Marathi Baana channels.
  5. B4U network.
  6. Goldmines Network.

Last edited:
If it goes to star or Viacom, it's going from one big fish to other and that's what they don't want.

They already converted Big ganga to Zee ganga so only big magic left in all which is still an outlier considering they already have Sony pal and Zee anmol. Anyway Zee action never had it's own identity like Zee classic or Zee Bollywood. Sure Zee classic is going away but they have it's counterpart Sony Max2.

I feel this could be good opportunity for network like dangal to buy them.
Dangal is a part of Enterr10 Network. But I have already mentioned the possible candidates who can acquire them which also include Sri Adhikari Brothers and IN10 Media Limited.

What If Times Network Acquired all 3 Channels they're planning since longtime to enter Hindi Genre so this will be good opportunity for them also they can manage well these channels 😍

If one buys Zee Classic and Zee Action. They will not get the movie library. They couldn't use the brand name. As those are movie channels there may not be an own studio and physical assets. Buyer get 2 empty channel slots and it becomes an illusory trade😀
Atleast Big Magic sale makes sense as the purchaser gets something including the brand.
They should have consider selling & brand instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock