Breaking ZEEL and Sony merger approved by ZEEL board; definitive agreements signed

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,496
  • Views: Views 302,799
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zee Action and Zee Classic no body will buy as Zee name is attached,these channels will becomes history with time,Big magic has a brand value

If & brand is sold, then it become a true step to regulate competition. Also the brand will continue stay and it can do more things as it will no more a sub brand. The new Zee Sony entity has 2 big brands plus SAB TV and so many channels in the Hindi belt, & TV's fate may be bad.

If it goes to star or Viacom, it's going from one big fish to other and that's what they don't want.

They already converted Big ganga to Zee ganga so only big magic left in all which is still an outlier considering they already have Sony pal and Zee anmol. Anyway Zee action never had it's own identity like Zee classic or Zee Bollywood. Sure Zee classic is going away but they have it's counterpart Sony Max2.

I feel this could be good opportunity for network like dangal to buy them.
So what they are just selling the license not content. It's not going to raise the market share of any player.

Can they convert zee classic as service channel for dth players?
I think this means losing complete ownership of the channel. They won't be able to use the name, logo otherwise. Maybe they can launch channel or service with some other name.

&Xplor should b sold aswell
Zee Classic also goosale at was repeat movies whole week
Zee action was good channel

My opinion 👇
Zee classic rebrand as zee chalachithra (malayalam movie channel)
Zee action rebrand as 2nd Tamil GEC channel like star takkar
Big magic rebrand as 2nd Telugu GEC channel
&Xplor hd rebrand as &prive sd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock