Discussion General News & Updates About Tata Play

• Thread starter dinesh19
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19,510
  • Views: Views 2,586,478
You have seen how my own image was projected for so long and i actually came out of it with own efforts. It also depends on our own behaviour and activites bro. I can't say i did nothing wrong then that i got accusations of. I corrected my part. Left rest of the part to them. You proved you were generous enough to appreciate my change and we are together again. The same way, your repetitive posts on many DTH sections regarding ADTV (mostly in TS forum) making members feel so.

I have felt you as a fanboy before (i clearly said as well) before but not saying you now since i feel you have improved and learnt. You may have tried to put honest opinions before too but over supporting anything people will end up terming as a fanboy. Human nature it is. I am nor poking you either. Just sometimes do fun replies to relieve the on going heat and i don't find anything wrong with it, i don't feel you should find either. I have seen you do so as well. Unless we abuse/hurt someone it isn't a violation of rule either.

Who cares about that traffic bro?

Funny thing is i get many chances where i can utilize them as chances to increase traffic of the forum and beat back all the trolls but i don't do as i actually don't care nor give a damn anymore.

Only recently @mmadhankumar bro asked me regarding forum server specs and the discussion turned into forum profits since he found costs/bills to be very high. I shared the earnings stats and he was amazed (actually shocked) the traffic we get not actually not monetizing well since we do not run much adverts or other monetization programs. Not only i invest on server many months from my pocket but also i pay extra for softwares from my pocket. Vikram bro has been aware of the scenario as well and he always wanted me to convert the site to something else which will earn a lot with this much traffic.

Some ideas we long time have and can even implement are (sharing publicly might also help other site admins implementing at their's!):

We could run ad free subscriptions plans means after purchasing one plan you will have the site browsing without ads for X months/years.

We could sell ad slots which anyone can purchase and his ads will show for X number of days/months. Upon expirations he can renew it.

I believe many sites hating us for years now for obvious reasons you know will be among the first buyers of them as they can refer people here to theirs.

All these are easily achievable with XF (our forum software) but i don't do because till now as i run this forum as my own interest rather than business. For the same reason i take responsibility and expanses to my pocket instead of giving it to whole people who care about us.

You must have seen forums closing (or on the verge of closing) down due to no/low earnings. We are also in the same group. Just my love for you people not letting it happen. Infact Madhan bro have already asked till when i should invest from my pocket as anyone understands nothing goes forever without a benefit. I had no answer since i never wanted people do invest for something they do for their hobby.

You may not know @ramesh sky bro offered me monetary donations to me several times, even few days back when i lost money due to a bad coding add-on purchase. I have always denied it as i am capable of running the site till now. I don't need it to invest it in the future either. Rather i thank him for the support he (and others) show us time to time.

Frankly speaking, we are not getting low traffic or activity but forums aren't something which earns bucks. I admire the Mr. Channel guy (another closed forum admin) whom @Raja bro (moderator there then) asked how much the site worth/earns. He also had same opinion as mine now though i didn't believed it then. Now i hear many time people says this site earns in lakhs every month and i get a smile in my face that they actually think we are that worth (even if they say in anger or jealousy). I got the time when i self experienced the taste of high traffic so i realized forums can't earn that much ever with honest ethics. I hope one day they get the taste as well so they can believe what all experienced people say are true.

So if you think i care about traffic and metrics then you are absolutley wrong. I can do better job for that. I can't think to juice out traffic from provoking posts and i believe such traffic won't last longer as seen elsewhere. Bigg Boss enjoying people will visit for a while and vanish away. Rather if we share quality content we will get genuine site supporters like we have currently. I take the later way which is why our News site popped up rather than some subscription plans or anything else monetizing the site further.

I don't know with this honest strategy how long we will survive though. We began this site when i was a college student and now i have even completed my post graduation. Just like anyone i will get busy with my business, will also get married, i will have my own family expenses and if site will require more invest from my pocket it may shut down and i don't think you will ever encourage us going the business way as you already find us juicing out posts for traffic. Regretting or realizing your words then have no value bhai.

Hi Bapun Bro, firstly extremely sorry for being so late in replying back. Though i had read ur post few minutes after it was published here but due to somewhat busy schedule, it kept me to hold back response. I felt that this is a very thoughtful/emotional post which covers wide range of things hence required a detailed, proper , honest answer.

Firstly bhai u can go thru my previous posts, each time i have picked upon a topic it has been backed by relevant data or facts. I am not the one who will blindly take side or criticise any brand and in recent months on numerous occasions gave actual reasoning for doubts raised over my intentions . I can't do this everytime. U r right people try to carve a certain image and it can influenced by how they see thru prism, what i can do is be honest/clear when presenting views about concerned topic but someone's perception is not what i have control over. There is difference between correcting wrong doing and being unfairly targeted for what is right, former always has room for improvement which one should reflect moving forward but in latter scenario standing firm is correct approach. My posts across threads have a strong context or basis, never do i bring something into discussion just out of blue. Infact i am not shy to accept own mistakes and nor do i boast of being someone great, i like being simple and keep growing.

Coming to ur point about human nature which surely in most individuals tends to always look for faults first in others rather than introspecting statement in broadsense, well bhai this is what should be paid more attention before commenting or casting aspersions . I don't know how this term fanboy got attached to me, funny thing is over last decade members have tagged me as fanboy of host of brands. As i have stated, these accusations r not true and more likely result of wrong conclusion upon quick gaze over my posts. Also as @thisisjagan bro has also indicated that in this forum valid or constructive criticism pertaining to Tata Sky is always frowned upon, this surely needs to change. This is the reason why anything which minutely touches upon this circumference is often twisted / turned to give a entirely new meaning.

Lastly, i had referred to the point regarding forum traffic in a lighter tone and not intended to attach a real sense to it. It somehow held true in initial years of forum but now situation has evolved for better.I know it is not easy to run a forum of this size and i really appreciate all the hard work, investment put in by u and team members to manage things successfully. I truly admire the fact that u care so much for sentiments of members thus keeping aside monetary gains and giving people such a platform to voice opinion. By the way i am not against opening up revenue streams in order to have a sustainable business model and would never want the forum to shut down or unnecessary financial burden put upon u. Just like u felt hurt bcoz of blame being put (though meant in a sarcastic manner) despite having clear conscience, similarly i too feel let down at allegations levelled at me on a regular basis just for writing genuine information.

U have known me since other forum days and know it well that i have never been after fame or benefits... All these years i have contributed just bcoz it gives immense satisfaction to share knowledge and help others. Tomorrow even if u strip me off my ID and hand it over to someone else with all the contribution / rewards intact still i won't feel saddened. All that makes me depressed is getting treated in a harsh manner unnecessarily. Still remember when u requested me join ur forum thru private message on other forum and i readily/happily accepted it. At that point there were people who pointed fingers at you for host of reasons but just like now i was miles away from negativity. Let alone regarding forum but some people even made fun about ur broken english at that point but i always had firm faith that ur inner belief, confidence , ability will yield desired results. Since then i have continued journey through ups and downs but stood by truth. Let alone thinking ill about u or anyone else, i have always tried to mend walls between people and help sort out their differences, even on other forum i tried level best to end bitterness between u and others there. Sadly, on both sides i was told that the other one is wrong and there is no use of extending healing touch.

Anyways if majority of members still have problems with my behaviour then i am more than ready to exit the forum. Please create a poll for it if needed and i will honour the final verdict.

Last edited:
Still no Colors Bangla Cinema? Is Viacom delaying the addition from its end?

Still no Colors Bangla Cinema? Is Viacom delaying the addition from its end?
The strange part is "Colors Bangla Cinema" is under Testing Mode on TS TP from 10th of July & Ready to be added on 12th Morning as LCN so distributed @1329 but suddenly the Whole Plan changed and when asked in the Later Evening to the CC Desk via Chat they completely denied to Comment and sent back the Referral Review to the Technical Team with a kind Note that Front Desk will definitely forward the Demand of 'CBC' to the Technical Team.

Till then there is no Response from TS end for not only 'CBC' but for SS1 Marathi - NGC Tamil - NGC Telugu - & Xplor HD.

But 'CBC' is still in Testing Mode in TS TP with Bangla Feed & with EPG of CNBC Bazaar.

Coming to ur point about human nature which surely in most individuals tends to always look for faults first in others rather than introspecting statement in broadsense, well bhai this is what should be paid more attention before commenting or casting aspersions . I don't know how this term fanboy got attached to me, funny thing is over last decade members have tagged me as fanboy of host of brands. As i have stated, these accusations r not true and more likely result of wrong conclusion upon quick gaze over my posts. Also as @thisisjagan bro has also indicated that in this forum valid or constructive criticism pertaining to Tata Sky is always frowned upon, this surely needs to change. This is the reason why anything which minutely touches upon this circumference is often twisted / turned to give a entirely new meaning.
Remember, be how much people try to frame you in some way even if it is wrong then it will show one day. Your good is appreciated and continuously bringing Airtel just everywhere what made everyone feel you as a fanboy. I have never tried to do that. Just shown the facts, i have even quoted your posts since you said you never were fan of any DTH services. I wouldn't have did that if it was some other member but you are among them who understands what is right and what is wrong so i rather said you to play fair. And, i believe if someone (say @Rushil) was bringing Tata Sky and comparing it with Airtel every week members would be reacting same way Tata Sky users doing now for you.

I myself did and Jagan proved how terrible it can turn out.
Lastly, i had referred to the point regarding forum traffic in a lighter tone and not intended to attach a real sense to it. It somehow held true in initial years of forum but now situation has evolved for better.I know it is not easy to run a forum of this size and i really appreciate all the hard work, investment put in by u and team members to manage things successfully.
Bro it is not first time you mentioned about the traffic. And i am not talking about past posts either. After your comeback several times you wrote i am not falling in such provoking posts as it will only gain traffic.

Believe me it hurts when we have never even thought about it. We have choosen the legit way still it shows you have atleast that thoughts on your mind which is why if something bad happens you speak about traffic. I will say you are somewhat improved and came out of your traditional thoughts though, you used to ask how much site earns worth or earn etc. Now going upto traffic thing. May be in future that will also get better.
Still remember when u requested me join ur forum thru private message on other forum and i readily/happily accepted it.
Yes bro you accepted at first. I still value that support. You were way too much active then and seemed knowledgeable reading your posts.
At that point there were people who pointed fingers at you for host of reasons but just like now i was miles away from negativity. Let alone regarding forum but some people even made fun about ur broken english at that point but i always had firm faith that ur inner belief, confidence , ability will yield desired results.
But later when many bashed us a lot due to the same invitation you were among them as well. It can be misunderstanding or we were not upto mark either. So i don't mind them anymore.
i have always tried to mend walls between people and help sort out their differences, even on other forum i tried level best to end bitterness between u and others there. Sadly, on both sides i was told that the other one is wrong and there is no use of extending healing touch.
It is not about getting together bro unless you can't accept each other from heart as later you have to work together unwanted. There are many ex-members who still mail us about many kind of posts, either provoking or anything having references to them - we remove them. But if they end up abusing us elsewhere then we won't give a damn. That is not how it works. If someone repeatedly writing about you or your site then it is clear they are getting benefit for you. You can ask large sites, if we face any content theft we write mails in professional way and even if they deny us crediting back we don't chase and cry for them. If it is not something truely ours we rather keep courage to accept and apologize them where they become our friends then. Do any other forums of our niche having same behaviour? I am yet to find that.

And even after you show much generosity and moved on if they don't stop then believe me it is never going to work out. Rather if you do friendship you are falling in their trap!
Anyways if majority of members still have problems with my behaviour then i am more than ready to exit the forum. Please create a poll for it if needed and i will honour the final verdict.
We don't allow such polls or any forum leaving messages. You are safe till you follow the forum policies. Any posts provoking type and terming you as fanboy are different than rule violation but if you take it too long and divert to something else you may violating rules then. If you report any kind of posts provoking you then we can look into them, dreamdth has been very accurate in taking moderation decision fairly mostly and i am not saying this because i am staff but members themselves feel this. Your posts are getting reported many times but we aren't being harsh on you nor editing them, so same way action is fair on other side replying you as well.

Since topic is way too much diverted now. Let's end it here. Hope these never ending discussions stops forever now and we waste our energy on writing some valuable thing than making each other understand. 😉

Any chance that Tatasky will fix multi audio as our preference? I feel its a biggest drawback after using sundirect

Engaponalum edhachu vechudranunga keta naangadha best nu peethikardhu vera!

Trans: Every dth has bugs and they say they are best in industry
I own a 43 inch TV but I'm forced to subscribe to SD version of Wildlife and Info channels just because of this issue. Though I teach my dad, he finds the process cumbersome and irritating to change every time :(...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock